montreal setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Just got this off a U2 mailing list from a girl whos talking to a friend on a mobile at the gig. Hope the person doesnt mind me posting this here.AS told by Lisa, in Montreal...

elevation
beautiful day
until end of the world
new years day
out of control
sunday bloody sunday
when will i see you again (1 verse)
stuck in a moment [speaks in French "we're a boy band"]
Kite
Angel Of Harlem (acoustic)
Staring At The Dun (acoustic)
Bad
Streets
Mysterious Ways
Pride
encore: [no video wall or pictures used] "female humming" only.
Bullet [no speech ? quick end, long guitar stuff at end]
What's Going On (full band version)
New York [with changed lyrics throughout - bono reading them "in
September unlocked the chains?" "Irish been coming here for
years... ??? religious nuts & fanatics don't belong ? what's going
on"]
With Or Without You
One [speech about heart of problem poverty a la ND?]
Peace On Earth into?
Walk On

Pregnant girl brought up during Bad (6 months-ish) ? lifted shirt up
to show belly ? bono kissed.
By all accounts, this was a *very* good show.

ahhh...back to the old elevation setlist...much better imo
smile.gif

ps - just heard a rumour from a very reliable source of a return to europe in 2002 and maybe even ireland!

im gonna have to go all over again! lol
smile.gif

Jon

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Wow, sounds great!! Wish I could have been there!!!!!!
frown.gif

------------------
"But you take what you can get,
Cuz it's all that you can find,
But you know there's something more,
Tonight, tonight, tonight...

I was there and I must say it was the BEST setlist I have ever heard, it was incredible!

One thing to correct to your setlist, zooropamanda: Angel of Harlem was played with the whole band.. Woohoo!

I won't post a big review but let's just say this concert was absolutely incredible!

Yeah, much better. Edge started alone with Bono at the tip of the heart so I thought they would do it acoustic but at the second verse, Larry and Adam kicked in... Very cool!

I hope they play "Staring at the sun" in LA, I haven't heard it live yet.
The changed lyrics in NY are moving, I know I'll be crying when I hear it live.
How sweet of Bono to bring up the pregnant girl to the stage and to kiss her belly, aaawww, so sweet!
smile.gif

Thanks for the setlist!

Oh good, I like this setlist much better than the Notre Dame one. I thought the ND setlist relied too much on the greatest hits.

U2 and greatest hits in the same line? Please...most of the songs U2 played on Wednesday and Friday are not even considered hits as far as the recording world is concerned. That is what is special about U2, is that many of there songs transcend being hits or even greatest hits. I look at it this way...imagine this world with U2 no longer playing live and what are you left with? I don't even want to consider this thought, so I choose to celebrate wherever and whenever U2 plays regardless of setlist, length, or even Bono's vocal ability on a given night. U2 is on tour, tonight U2 is playing somewhere in the world...so it is a beautiful day!

Chris

capt.1002978612canada_u2_concert_mtla101.jpg

Bono in Montreal

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

Hey what's the story on the Pregnant lady he pulled up and kissed the belly of? Did he roll too?

They actually did play Bullet? I wonder if it went over just as usual? Did they change any lyrics??

------------------
Be a world, child, form a circle
Before we all go under

Okay, I've memorized all your screen names and the next time any of you bitch about U2 not changing their setlist I'm going to flame the living bejezus out of ya.
U2 change the setlist for ONE night and you all have kittens.

Jeez,
MP

I was there last night and this was a FANTASTIC show... I dont even know where to begin. Bono seemed like he didnt even want to leave to stage - hence the TWO encores.
biggrin.gif

I was at a complete loss - it was just great- the atmosphere, everything. Bono did pull that pregnant woman up on stage from the gold circle area during Bad- at the end he had her show her belly and kissed it - she then went back to her seat and sang a little bit of "be my baby" ... it was really adorable.
As for Bullet - they played it, but didnt play the intro from the first tour - also at the end, Bono left off "america". Being american myself, this song as well as peace on earth were very emotional...

I cant WAIT to get my pictures back!

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog
- Kathleen -

Originally posted by She ls Raging:

As for Bullet - they played it, but didnt play the intro from the first tour - also at the end, Bono left off "america". Being american myself, this song as well as peace on earth were very emotional...

So did he just sing "outside is..." and then not say anything? Or did he add a different word? I saw them in Vancouver in April and I remember him singing "outside is..." and then "not America, not America" or something like that...presumably because it was Canada. It was pretty cool.

they played 6/7 songs off the new album last night? i mean, come on....they need to play more songs from the new album. SBS is really getting old.....it was kewl hearing it on the first leg but you would think they would switch more things up. in fact, i think the set list in Notre Dame was much.

------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our minds." -Bob Marley "Redemption Song"

the Notre Dame set list was better i mean....kinda short but better than friday night.

------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our minds." -Bob Marley "Redemption Song"

What???? They only played 22 songs??? What a ripoff! Why, in my day, bands would stay up there all day and play every last rarity from their early demo sessions to new songs that hadn't even been written yet! I can't believe U2 didn't play The Fly, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock or Be There. U2 has sold out. Boycott U2!
mad.gif

------------------
wink.gif

Originally posted by NicaMom:
How sweet of Bono to bring up the pregnant girl to the stage and to kiss her belly, aaawww, so sweet!
smile.gif
I try to do that at least once every week
so far reactions haven't all been positive (especially of some husbands)

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
I try to do that at least once every week

Now I'm wanna get pregnant so Salome will kiss my belly.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"But you take what you can get,
Cuz it's all that you can find,
But you know there's something more,
Tonight, tonight, tonight..."

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
I have heard this also bono_man.
Fingers crossed that means the 3rd leg isnt the end of Elevation.

btw, I think i saw you in London and didnt realise it was you.

hey zoomanda! yeah i was at the 3rd london show on the 21st. i was the bubbling mess with desert rose and angel lingering around the back entrance hoping to meet at least one famous person!

BM

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Thanks for posting this Amanda...

The show WAS incredible...oh my...It was so incredibly touching during BAD - Bono was just clinging to this woman while he sang "desolation, isolation,etc, etc"...I don't recall any other time he pulled up a woman during this song except at Live Aid (correct me if I'm wrong, bien sur!)

I've seen many U2 shows now but I've never seen Bono as emotional as he was during the last half of One...he was definitely putting all of his heart and soul into that one!

That was also the LOUDEST show I"ve been to..I had heard all the stories about Montreal being the loudest but I could not believe it!! (Bono even said in french "You guys are the loudest in the world. We were deaf for 4 days after playing here last time)"..(his french is really cute btw!)

About 50 of us waited outside the Molson Centre hoping to talk to him during the day but it turned out he had actually come here to Ottawa to visit our Prime Minister Chretien to discuss the G8 agenda for this spring (will be held in Canada). Following that meeting, he apparently went to a Film Festival to give an introduction to Wim Wender's new documentary (about the making of the "Million Dollar Hotel" actually!). Bono dedicated a song to Wim who was in the house last nite, too...

And yes I agree that Bono did not want to leave...he was just hanging around the stage for a long time afterwards!

Quelle soiree incroyable!!!!!!

so how many is that now Julie you lucky devil?!!!
Sounds like you had a blast
smile.gif

Well, Bono_man I saw a guy in front of me that day in the heart queue with an Aussie accent and Im thinking "why does this guy look familar?". I figured I must have met you at home or something. Then it hit me a while back that it was you as i'd seen your pic on nicas.
So you were with Rosa and I dont even realise.
Doh
rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by zooropamanda (edited 10-13-2001).]

I was at one of the 23 song shows.
biggrin.gif

*feels smug about this*--hey, lots of you are seeing two or three or four or ten shows, and I only got to one, so I can feel smug about that!

------------------
Be a world, child, form a circle
Before we all go under

Back
Top Bottom