Montgomery's visit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottyT

Refugee
what's up with this tune? did it evolve into anything, it's acoustic. is it even real? i kinda love it, it's a great and happy sound for the boys.....

discuss.

ps, i'm a dingbat, why did i post this in here? can one of you supertasticmoderators send it where it belongs? maybe everything you know is wrong? maybe i'm an idiot?

hi!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
what in the bluest of blue hells are you talking about?

I think he's talking about one of the Achtung Baby working tapes that were bootlegged in the early Nineties. This site has a great description of them all:
http://home.comcast.net/~sira/achtung/u2salome.htm
On that site, the said song (Disc 3, Track 7) is titled Southern Instrumental. Hey! These are Fan Working Titles (FWT), so you can name it anything you like. :D

:wink:

@Popmartijn: thanx for the link!
the track SOMEONE (Track 1 on Disk 3) sounds a bit like an early version of FAST CARS...what do ya think?

Your 'montgomery' business had me confused at first as well.. lol

Have to disagree with the description of 'southern instrumental' as an early version of trying to throw your arms around the world.

Cos there is an actual unfinished version of TTTYAATW knocking around that isnt on the salome outtakes.

Someone needs to come up with one name for each of the AB Outtakes songs & everyone else needs to stick to the same names. Having all these different titles is a pain in the bum!

Back
Top Bottom