Mofo(The "Move Me A Mountain" Mix)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
So, I was bored, listening to some 'Pop' stuff, and I just decided to take a stab at mixing the 'move me a mountain' coda from the Mexico performance of Mofo into the end of the studio version...so this is the studio version until the second/third 'show me mother' at the end, then the mix comes in...and you can still hear the studio version too, so it kind of creates this effect where Bono is singing 'show me mother'(studio) and Edge is singing 'Move me a mountain'(live)' at the same time...it's kind of cool actually...it's trippy :wink:

Anyway, it's probably not close to anything resembling 'professional', but it's a hell of a lot better than I thought it would be. Take a listen.

http://tinyurl.com/r52ed

namkcuR said:
So, I was bored, listening to some 'Pop' stuff, and I just decided to take a stab at mixing the 'move me a mountain' coda from the Mexico performance of Mofo into the end of the studio version...so this is the studio version until the second/third 'show me mother' at the end, then the mix comes in...and you can still hear the studio version too, so it kind of creates this effect where Bono is singing 'show me mother'(studio) and Edge is singing 'Move me a mountain'(live)' at the same time...it's kind of cool actually...it's trippy :wink:

Anyway, it's probably not close to anything resembling 'professional', but it's a hell of a lot better than I thought it would be. Take a listen.

http://tinyurl.com/r52ed

Always when I hear that line it reminds me of The Shamen's Move Any Mountain :)

Great idea.
Best version of MOfo ever IMO was at the European MTV awards from Rotterdam. That featured the "move me a mountain" bit.

It sounds a bit clusterfucked at the beginning, settles, then ends a bit too abrubtly for me.

still a good idea though :up:

Back
Top Bottom