Mofo appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

packcrush

The Fly
Yay! It's time to show our love for Mofo; that coolest of U2 songs. I'll start things off; here's my rendition of the Edges whammy part.

Clunk clunk Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm.

:rockon:

They really should play this again.

BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM...

Looking for to save my...save my soul.

...BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM.

Last edited:
typhoon said:
BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM...

Looking for to save my...save my soul.

...BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM BOM.

That sums it up pretty good :applaud:

*wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka*

My impression of the funky guitar Edge plays live befor the WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH

then back to wacka wacka

MsMofoGone said:
My favorite song off Pop ... absolutely love Mofo :drool:

"Now I'm still a child, but no one tells me no" ... :applaud:

I fricking love that bit! Oh yeah!!!
And also the bit at the where Bono loses it and he sings mother, mother.. MOOTTTHTHEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's my favourite song off Pop too.
It's incredible to here such a desperate call and such an emotional topic projected through all of that sonic structure and digital distortion.
Yet the emotion still matches it and comes out on top.
Easily my second favourite U2 song ever, no contest, live is ejaculation material .. bwaahahahah

Can anybody write down the bit that comes off the back off edges whammy part.

I've tried and failed.

(I can only describe it as sounding a bit like a chicken)

THE BEST INTRO TO THE SONG EVER:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOO
MMMMMMMOOOO
FFOOO

Incredible song! "Looking for to fill that God-shaped hole" is one of the coolest lyrics I've ever heard period.

I LOVE MOFO!!!!!

That song is so awesome..My sister hates it because she says its all computerized.....I say: You're FREAKING CRAZY!!!

Holy dunc space junk! I love Mofo:drool:

LOVE IT. Love it!

Despite my waning affection for the Popmart tour (I can barely make it through the Mexico VHS), the combo of "Pop Muzik"/"Mofo" remains my favorite opening to any U2 tour.

It rocks so very hard. And makes me want to shake my ass. What else do you need?

Mofo...it's a ballsy,in-your-face song.

MEXICO
MEXICO
MEXICOFO
MEXI
MOFO

The Edge: puaaaang----WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAY

Shawn Bonneau said:
The version they do at the awards in Europe in 97 was priceless.

SMB

I keep hearing about that one and have yet to hear it.

got a link?:wink:

Back
Top Bottom