MLK!!! Streets !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by muh2o:
Holy S***

AGREEEEEEEED!!!! THEY'RE ROCKIN THE BIG EASY!!!!! WOO HOOOO!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dallas did tell me that Streets may replace another song with a surprise. So thats what we got...MLK into Streets!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was magical. No one could have ever pulled that off like they did tonight!

what an unbelievable performance!!!
U2 ROCKS!!!!

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
when your thoughts are too expensive...to ever want to keep

The screen didn't fall; it was dropped to celebrate LIFE and moving on into joy!!!! What an incredible performance!!!!! It was wonderful and heartfelt and joyous and uplifting! I hope all this mourning and sorrow can now finally be over and we can move on into living!

Streets was unbelievable. That song is not of this earth. I wasn't expecting them to play it. I actually heard myself say "Oh my God" when Edge started in with the guitar.

I have an observation which I hope no one is offended by--either my observation or my reaction to it. When the screen dropped, I couldn't help thinking, because of the names scrolling across it and the shape of the screen, that it looked exactly like one of the WTC towers collapsing. Could that possibly have been intentional, or is it just my weird way of seeing it? I don't know if anyone else saw it that way but I would be surprised if no one did. I found that extremely disturbing. Am I way off in one way or another?

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
I have an observation which I hope no one is offended by--either my observation or my reaction to it. When the screen dropped, I couldn't help thinking, because of the names scrolling across it and the shape of the screen, that it looked exactly like one of the WTC towers collapsing. Could that possibly have been intentional, or is it just my weird way of seeing it? I don't know if anyone else saw it that way but I would be surprised if no one did. I found that extremely disturbing. Am I way off in one way or another?

My girlfriend pointed that out to me. At first, I was thinking "no way", but on second thought, it may have been. I dunno.

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
Streets was unbelievable. That song is not of this earth. I wasn't expecting them to play it. I actually heard myself say "Oh my God" when Edge started in with the guitar.

I thought the same thing and said it to my sister and she just looked at me and said only U2 would put that much meaning and thought into a Super Bowl half time. It was very powerful.

Originally posted by U2Byrd:
I thought the same thing and said it to my sister and she just looked at me and said only U2 would put that much meaning and thought into a Super Bowl half time. It was very powerful.

If that was actually the intention, I didn't like it--the tower collapsing thing, that is. Too much, in my opinion. But who knows, maybe that wasn't the intention.

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

Hah! Told you so! :)

My super bowl party is still rocking and I am a bit too drubnk to ytpe too much more but what a FRICKING awesome perforamcne?? What is the non U2 world saying???

Well, I have finally semi-recovered from a day of too much wine/food and that AMAZING performance, U2 ROCKED!!! That was so unbelievable, I loved it! I just watched it 3-4 more times....keeps getting better and better, I swear! MLK! NO WAY!!! wowwowwow
Their tribute was so emotional, really, my Mom and her friends called me and my mom was crying during the names scroll...it really touched them- So think they did a great job touching even people that are not like "us"! lol
My favorite parts were "Dance in the Louisana rain" and the Bono heart at the end, like he did on the 3rd leg...love that Bono heart! I also thought the names was intense, even more than at the concerts, just so many so high up. Wow- I got multiple chills throughout their performance...
And they looked great!
So, my question for you all now is what was Bono's prayer tonite before Streets? My mom asked me what he said exactly and I just watched it over and over and still can't get all the words. Anyone understand it all?
Cheers!

THAT PERFORMANCE WAS UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE!!!!!!!! THE VIDEO MONTAGE IN THE BEGINNING WAS COOL AS HELL....AND THEN THAT LEADING TO BEAUTIFUL DAY AND BONO WALKING THROUGH THE HEART WAS FUCKING COOL.....STREETS WAS AMAZING!!!!! EVEN ADAM, WHO IS USUALLY VERY LAID BACK AND CHILLING WHILE PLAYING, SEEMED TO BE ROCKING OUT AND REALLY GETTING INTO IT....THAT WAS SOOO DAMN COOL.....ALL OF MY NON-U2 FRIENDS WERE AMAZED BY U2'S PERFORMANCE TONIGHT....BEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!! OH MAN, I'M SOOO EXCITED THAT I CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT NOW....I JUST KEEP WATCHING THE PERFORMANCE OVER AND OVER AGAIN

PS....DID ANYONE NOTICE THAT LARRY GREW HIS HAIR A LITTLE LONGER AND LOOKS COOL AS HELL

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

Unreal perofromance...MLK. What a great suprise.

I don't think the screen falling had anything to do with the WTC towers falling...that would have been tasteless. Just coincidence....

Originally posted by U2One:
PS....DID ANYONE NOTICE THAT LARRY GREW HIS HAIR A LITTLE LONGER AND LOOKS COOL AS HELL

I think it's safe to say that Larry did not escape the notice of any of us female fans...

------------------
"I still can't play guitar
How the hell did I get this far?"

~Bono, Detroit

There is no way we could possibly do infinity push-ups.

That that was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen on live Television. It was so inspired! I like the comments that have been made about it being "transcendent" and "not of this world" because I agree entirely. All i wanted to do was jump up and down in my living room and 'rejoice and be glad' (as the song goes), but had to restrain myself as to not scare my parents. Even my dad who usually doesnt dig this sort of thimg (rock n roll), was impressed. He said Bono was "magnetic" and that the part with the names on the banner was "beautiful." I was so proud of U2.

I think what Bono said prior to Streets was something to the effect of ..Lord, loosen my lips ... that they may praise you ...
It was hard to hear exactly. I believe its from the Psalms.

Also, about the screen which dropped towards the end. I believe that was also intentional and i thought it was very symbolic and a poignant statement even though at first I thought it was contradictory. The way I see it is that after dwelling on the names and the enormous sense of loss, there is this big release. All the names fall as the screen falls and the sight is visually reminiscent of the towers falling. But the effect is completely the opposite because the screen almost seems to vanish into a white light and with the music so uplifting it all goes up again--up to Heaven, like a giant prayer. And we can breathe easy again and move on. That's my take. Sorry if i got carried away here but this whole thing has got me very excited.

Originally posted by U2SJ:
So, my question for you all now is what was Bono's prayer tonite before Streets?

It was Psalm 51:15, repeated twice.

O Lord, open my lips,
that my mouth show forth thy praise.

These are the words that break the silence every morning in monasteries before praise is sung.

It gave me shivers!
Wow, wow, wow
MLK into streets was just as good or better than Please into Streets, For 10 minutes last night, I was in heaven! I'm not a Football fan, and I'm from Canada so apox on the NFL!
JK
smile.gif
I was just in it for the music

------------------
If you take a drive, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold, I'll tax your heat
If you talk a walk, I'll tax your feet
I'm the taxman!

[This message has been edited by Basstrap (edited 02-04-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom