Mistakes in U2 Songs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A sour note is a note which doesn't fit with the rest and, in turn, makes a listeners face pucker up. A wrong note is a facet of that as it is the wrong note. Sour notes encompass both "wrong notes" and "faulty guitar playing". Within its context I don't believe there is a wrong or sour note, or faulty guitar playing, on Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.

discothequeLP said:
i always thought the 2nd guitar in Still Haven't Found was a beat off. . . anyone with me?

Not me...always thought this was one of their finest moments, production wise. Actually sounds like three guitars--original melody, counter-sonic-riff fills, and acoustic, all blending perfectly.

WalkOn21 said:

They played it about 5 times during the Elevation tour.

In the live version (and in the rest of the song on the album version) the rhythm is:
inthedays1it.jpg

But on the beginning of the album version, Bono seems to do something like:
inthedays21zr.jpg

Well I know that's not entirely how he does it, he rather starts the measure after the "the", but it's just an example.

:huh:, c'mon, it's like the example of the live version you're talking about, look:

It's a little hard, but if you can count the beats, try to count in the beginning 1/2 before the guitar starts, the guitar will fit another 1/2 beat, and the measure starts, and continue in that way... like the chorus! and you will hear that bono's voice it'n not wrong, there are two beats on "In - the".

discothequeLP said:
oh come on . . . just post the link!

blahblahblah said:
yeah, what's anyone going to do? Are they worried there's a forum on other people's sites and we'll all perform some mass exodus or something??

I can't.
I'm sorry.
I posted it once and my thread got locked down and the link was removed.
Don't wanna violate the rules again y'know.
But as I said, feel free to email me instead.

TheFlyOnTheWall said:

What? Click on LNOE?
WHERE?! :ohmy:
:eyebrow:
(sorry, but I can't go and listen to it right now...)

This one is definitely there. I didn't ever notice it until it was pointed out, but after sitting down and listening properly, you can hear it jumps horrendously.

TheRooster said:
At :26 in Beautiful Day Bono licks his lips.

That's about the only one I've previously noticed of these...guess I need to listen harder or something...

I KNOW there are voices at the end of Vertigo. Don't know what they're saying though...

...I think they're telling me to hide the bodies...?

I don't know what the voice in Vertigo says but I think it's Steve Lillywhite...

Okay, so I'm completely f***ing deaf and I don't know diddly about music....

...so this is all new to me, and I'm taking notes....:D

Last night, I went into my room, got out my iPod (cos its best for hearing little noises) and listened to Last Night On Earth. I didn't hear any clicks.
I listened to Surrender. I didn't hear any beeps.
I listened to Elevation. I didn't hear anyone say "This is rediculous.

However, I did, hear some pretty cool conversations during Acrobat......

:wink:

Meghan said:
Last night, I went into my room, got out my iPod (cos its best for hearing little noises) and listened to Last Night On Earth. I didn't hear any clicks.
i can understand you not hearing the click in lnoe, you have to really listen for it. but how can you not hear the beep in surrender? it's so obvious! i'm betting a lot of people think that's a keyboard or something and it's part of the song. it's not. :D

AtomicBono said:

That's about the only one I've previously noticed of these...guess I need to listen harder or something...

I KNOW there are voices at the end of Vertigo. Don't know what they're saying though...

...I think they're telling me to hide the bodies...?
From my website:

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
Vertigo:
At the very end of Vertigo after the last bit of guitar, you can hear someone faintly say, "right on" or "all right". I'm sure it was just missed by the mixers because it's so quiet.
Listen to it here

Last edited:
Perhaps the voices at the end of vertigo say 'don't forget to buy an i-pod'

The_Edge89 said:

I can't.
I'm sorry.
I posted it once and my thread got locked down and the link was removed.
Don't wanna violate the rules again y'know.
But as I said, feel free to email me instead.

You CAN post the link. I work on u2-vertigo-tour.com and I have posted the link there many times as an informative resource. You can't ADVERTISE your site (i.e. a thread saying "EVRY 1 CUM VIZITT MY SYTE OMG!!!111!1"), but you can link to your own site as a relevant and informative resource just like you'd link to anyone else's site during conversation.

Meghan said:
I listened to Elevation. I didn't hear anyone say "This is rediculous.

I couldn't hear the clicks in Last Night On Earth either. Heard something in Elevation but I couldn't tell what was said exactly. But I did hear the beep in Surrender. That was acually quite easy to hear, I think. I heard it at about 0:24.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i can understand you not hearing the click in lnoe, you have to really listen for it. but how can you not hear the beep in surrender? it's so obvious! i'm betting a lot of people think that's a keyboard or something and it's part of the song. it's not. :D

Ok, I heard the beep in Surrender...amazing, 20 years of loving that song and had never noticed it before lol...now I will never not notice it again :mad::wink:

It's live release, I know, but Adam screws up the end of In God's Country in the Rattle and Hum film. He plays a wrong note and quickly corrects it, then flashes Larry a smile. I didn't notice it for a long time until my friend pointed it out, his first time seeing it. It's amazing how long you can miss these things until they're pointed out, then you never miss them again!

Same here with the beep on Surrender, never noticed it until it was pointed out. Did notice the Bono "lip sound" on Beautiful Day first time I heard it. Not sure I want to check out the some other "mistakes". I think I'd rather go on blissfully unaware. :wink:

Of course the curiosity might get the better of me.:shrug:

On wowy, between 3:40 and 4:05 someone (bono) says something that sounds like "f*** you". Need loud headphones to hear it.

UKTan said:
Ok, I heard the beep in Surrender...amazing, 20 years of loving that song and had never noticed it before lol...now I will never not notice it again :mad::wink:
sorry!! :yikes: if it makes you feel any better i noticed it the first time so i never got to enjoy that song without waiting for the beep. :reject:

i'm the kinda person who a lot of you guys would probably hate, i'm the person who notices in movies when the level of liquid in a glass changes.

Back
Top Bottom