Mistakes in U2 Songs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The intro of One Tree Hill, in the measure before the song goes into the verse riff, Edge comes in at the wrong time. He mentioned this in an interview a while back that he didn't have time to go back and fix it.

I have always thought that sounded strange. I always wondered if it was off somehow. Good for me. This is the only one mentioned that I had actually found on my own!!! ;)

WalkOn21 said:

Well, on the live versions it's without this alleged mistake. So I take it that it's a mistake.

Fact is, the rhythm on the album version is not 'correct'. When Bono starts singing they somehow count 1 extra. But I can imagine that if you don't play music yourself, you can't hear it.

Live versions???:ohmy:

I think the entire song rhythm is right, and it's not a mistake. The song just starts 1/2 beat before the first measure of the song. You can confirm that if you listen to the rest of the song, the guitar starts just before the chorus ends

Last edited:
Nisse said:
"Ok Bono" in Mofo (?)

I always heard it as "happy, Bono?"
and saw it as completely intentional, so I don't see it as a mistake.

the click in Last Night on Earth is #1 by a mile.
that's just hideous production.

Azor said:

Live versions???:ohmy:
They played it about 5 times during the Elevation tour.

In the live version (and in the rest of the song on the album version) the rhythm is:
inthedays1it.jpg

But on the beginning of the album version, Bono seems to do something like:
inthedays21zr.jpg

Well I know that's not entirely how he does it, he rather starts the measure after the "the", but it's just an example.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lmao:

what about the beep in surrender? that's even more noticeable imo.

I would have to disagree by default because I don't even know where this beep is, I'll have to listen to the song again.

There is a click in Crumbs too.

But that Last Night On Earth--yikes!! that is just bad.

Somebody should have been kicked in the balls for that one.

U2DMfan said:

I would have to disagree by default because I don't even know where this beep is, I'll have to listen to the song again.

There is a click in Crumbs too.

But that Last Night On Earth--yikes!! that is just bad.

Somebody should have been kicked in the balls for that one.

Eh I dunno, considering they were laying down the last tracks the day the whole album was mastered, might have been an oversight. Any "mistakes" on Pop, I mean, they admit it was a rushed album.

I've heard "Please" live, more times than off the album, I almost can't go back to the album version. Same with "Gone."

Well, I'm proud to say I've never heard any mistakes, bum notes, wrong tempos, swearing or any other guff. Which can only mean:

1. I'm completely and utterly deaf; or
2. U2 are completely perfect and utter saints.

You decide :wink:

how about in the beginning of "one" where adam can clearly be heard saying "I want thai food for dinner dammit" and Bono says "We're having fish and chips ...wanker".
That one they should've fixed; it detracts from the song.

WalkOn21 said:

Well, on the live versions it's without this alleged mistake. So I take it that it's a mistake.

Fact is, the rhythm on the album version is not 'correct'. When Bono starts singing they somehow count 1 extra. But I can imagine that if you don't play music yourself, you can't hear it.

THANK YOU! I always knew something was wrong with this.

chocky said:
The bad editing at 3:27 in Do You Feel Loved.

I read an article where Flood accepted responsibility and wished he could fix it.

I love that bit, where Bono's vocal echo's then leads into the bass? I never viewed that as an error.

On 'Mofo' at 2min 16sec on the right channel you can hear howie B come in and say 'happy' can't miss that Scottish accent.

Back
Top Bottom