Mistakes in U2 Songs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scooter said:
It's live release, I know, but Adam screws up the end of In God's Country in the Rattle and Hum film. He plays a wrong note and quickly corrects it, then flashes Larry a smile. I didn't notice it for a long time until my friend pointed it out, his first time seeing it. It's amazing how long you can miss these things until they're pointed out, then you never miss them again!

hehe, yes, i noticed this the first time i heard this version. i cant even listen to it really. not that i would want to, leaving out a whole verse:madspit: :wink:

Edge plays a bum note at 0:19 into Things To Make And Do.

Actually, this might be untrue, it just sounds odd to me, and it's a different note to what's played in the rest of the chorus. Oh, and on the version of Vertigo on the DVD with HTDAAB, Edge nearly comes into the melodic bit on the second verse early, but quickly makes this mistake.

And I swore that beep in Surrender was a part of the song...

Last edited:
I believe the difference in Edge's guitar on the DVD version of Vertigo is intentional, it's a slightly different mix of the song.

I have a feeling they say "Hola" (spanish for hello)

KhanadaRhodes said:

i'm the kinda person who a lot of you guys would probably hate, i'm the person who notices in movies when the level of liquid in a glass changes.

Actually, you're the kind of person I need to watch movie's with because I don't even notice what the names of the people are, let alone that there was a glass of liquid there.

:wink:

Oh, and I listened to Surrender again last night, and I'm happy to say I DID hear the beep this time.

I think the first time I listened to it to check, I only listened up to about 20 seconds, then gave up. (Sad thing was that it was at 24 seconds :rolleyes: )

I also think I'm getting an ear infection, (probably from too much iPod-ing :wink:) so that probably didn't help.

Last edited:
Be there at ten! Just need to get me a plane ticket!
Oh wait, I'm broke. Don't worry, I'll stow away in someone's bag.
Better make it eleven.

:D

Ok people, have they ever said that they are great musicians? I think not. isn't that why they started playing their own music in the 1st place. Yes, I hear the clearing of the throat on Shadows and Tall Tree and i do hear the coughing in Another Time another Place. On the UF song there is something said and I have heard it since the album came out. Lemon I do hear Larry or someone. Are you sure that MLK was shot at night. I mean ,Bono knows Loretta King, wouldn't she have said something to him or the world at that matter. I hope I got her name right. Also , in the UF video Bono says something to himself at the beginning.

Last edited:
Axver said:

You CAN post the link. I work on u2-vertigo-tour.com and I have posted the link there many times as an informative resource. You can't ADVERTISE your site (i.e. a thread saying "EVRY 1 CUM VIZITT MY SYTE OMG!!!111!1"), but you can link to your own site as a relevant and informative resource just like you'd link to anyone else's site during conversation.

http://www.webbportalen.com/u2secrets2tell
....:ohmy:

The_Edge89 said:

Hurrah! :up:

Though whoever posted the One Tree Hill story hasn't the faintest clue. Here's the proper story, you might want to include it on the site (credit me as André Axver):

One Tree Hill is named after the largest extinct volcano in and around the city of Auckland, New Zealand. In that city in 1984 on their first tour of New Zealand, U2 met Greg Carroll, a Maori (native New Zealander), and were so impressed by his dedicated work ethic that he was hired as a permanent member of U2's road crew. He quickly rose through the ranks of U2's organisation, became a good friend of the band, especially Bono, who he had the difficult task of looking after on stage - he can be seen in footage of Live Aid. In 1986, on a wet night in Dublin, Greg Carroll was riding Bono's motorbike and never returned. He was hit and killed by a drunk driver who had turned without signalling. Bono and Larry accompanied Greg's body back to New Zealand and Bono wrote One Tree Hill in tribute, intertwining Maori mythology and Christian beliefs (based on the Book of Revelation) in the lyrics. It has been said that the song was apparently recorded in a single take.

Last edited:
Axver said:

Though whoever posted the One Tree Hill story hasn't the faintest clue. Here's the proper story, you might want to include it on the site (credit me as André Axver):

One Tree Hill is named after the largest extinct volcano in and around the city of Auckland, New Zealand. In that city in 1984 on their first tour of New Zealand, U2 met Greg Carroll, a Maori (native New Zealander), and were so impressed by his dedicated work ethic that he was hired as a permanent member of U2's road crew. He quickly rose through the ranks of U2's organisation, became a good friend of the band, especially Bono, who he had the difficult task of looking after on stage - he can be seen in footage of Live Aid. In 1986, on a wet night in Dublin, Greg Carroll was riding Bono's motorbike and never returned. He was hit and killed by a drunk driver who had turned without signalling. Bono and Larry accompanied Greg's body back to New Zealand and Bono wrote One Tree Hill in tribute, intertwining Maori mythology and Christian beliefs (based on the Book of Revelation) in the lyrics. It has been said that the song was apparently recorded in a single take.

They also honored him in another way. The Joshua Tree was dedicated --
"To the Memory of Greg Carroll 1960-1986"

Elevation (7):
In Elevation where Bono wasn early sued for copyright over the lyrics
("Like a MOLE digging in a HOLE digging in a SOLE for a BOWL") by Stuart Prendegast, age 6,
who had written the structuarly similar "Lee Parker parked his car in a bum in a bar in a jam jar"
when he was five.
(thank you: Callum Alden)

from Edge89's website

that is hilarious

When Bono sang the lyrics of Pride at the Rock N Roll hall of fame, doesn't anyone notice he sang, "Early evening April 4..."

He knows he got it wrong. Took him 20 years....

:wink:

Axver said:

Corrected and updated!
Thanks.

U2Girl1978 said:

Hmmmm...I would have figured this was your site or used to be your site? ---> home.wanadoo.nl/thijst/u2/

Or you can check here for other fun u2 babblings.

http://www.eeggs.com/items/5833.html

That's not my old site but the older version of it.
The old version was run by a guy called Thjis.
He didn't feel like he had the time to update nor running the site anymore since he got a baby.

Thank You:

Thjis van Thienen - For letting me create a new version of your old U2 Hidden messages site.
And for all of your support and suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom