Mission 'COBL'accomplished

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they'll crack the top 5, but I don't see 'em even hitting number 2, it's the third single and they usually don't sell as strong. I was surprised with SYCMIOYO making it to number 1, so you never know.

But I think that damn frog is gonna have the biggest selling single of the year I'm afraid so I don't really see u2 making a dent on it. What is wrong with the record buying public these days.

Id normally agree with u Lo-Fi - but this weeks other single releases are, 'The Ordinary Boys' and Audioslave, neither of which I can see hitting the top spot.

Also I think the frog has had his day now, they should be able to topple him easily.

This is you and the frog, Boy...

tier39.gif

This may have been mentioned elsewhere but did anyone see Coldplay on Jonathan Ross last Friday? Chris Martin worked snippets of the crazy frog "lyrics" into all three of the songs they performed. The first time it was a bit funny but was a bit sad by the third time I thought.....

Yeah, i agree with the above about Chris Martin, i think he has issues about the frog. I think Jamouriquy (or however you spell it) will be higher than number 1, at least they have made an effort with the video :wink:

Ah yes...must be nice to live in a country where they still sell U2 singles. Still at least a week until my import copies arrive...<sigh>

TrickyKid said:
Ah yes...must be nice to live in a country where they still sell U2 singles. Still at least a week until my import copies arrive...<sigh>

Lol---must also be nice to live in a country where it's plausible that U2 could crack the top 5 with a new song. Here in the States, COBL will be lucky to crack the top 500.

Layton said:

Lol---must also be nice to live in a country where it's plausible that U2 could crack the top 5 with a new song. Here in the States, COBL will be lucky to crack the top 500.

Very true.

Which makes it even more shocking that conceivably U2's last top 10 hit in America ever, will be Discotheque, a song that Bono says wasn't a big enough hit.
:scratch:

"Discotheque" was a very good selling CD single, but that was because a lot of people buying it were techno music fanatics.......the single sales are what got it into The Top Ten.......the song itself didn't really stay on the radio for very long (I only heard it once despite hearing "Staring At The Sun" what seemed like a hundred times)....

Back
Top Bottom