Miss Sarajevo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Nine years ago today, 12 September 1995, one of the most important moments in U2 history occured - the "Pavarotti and Friends" benefit concert in Modena, Italy. :wink:

This is the famous performance of "One" and the first performance of "Miss Sarajevo" by Bono, Edge, Brian Eno and Luciano Pavarotti.

If anyone has any pics of this concert or any pics regarding U2 and Sarajevo, including the Zoo broadcasts with Bill Carter, please post them here. :hug:

It seems like an appropriate way to honor the memory of those who suffered in that humanitarian disaster and remember the selfless contributions to their recovery that U2 made. :yes:

IS THERE A TIME FOR DIFFERENT COLORS - DIFFERENT NAMES YOU FIND IT HARD TO SPELL....:edge: :bono: :love: ;)

I've got a lot of photos related to U2 and Sarajevo, but they're at home, if somone would tell me how to upload them, I'd be happy to share them with you all

I can strongly recommend Bill Carter's book "Fools Rush In"! I just can't say loud enough how well this book describes the state of war in Sarajevo, and not only does it relate to the war but it can also relate to many moments in life, in every corner of the world. It's just an amazing book!

Dici che il fiume
Trova la via al mare
E come il fiume
Giungerai a me
Oltre i confini
E le terre assetate
Dici che come fiume
Come fiume...
L'amore giunger
L'amore...
E non so più pregare
E nell'amore non so più sperare
E quell'amore non so più aspettare

You say that the river
Finds the way to the sea
And like the river
You shall come to me
Beyond the borders
And the thirsty lands
You say that as a river
Like a river...
Love shall come
Love...
And I'm not able to pray anymore
And I cannot hope in love anymore
And I cannot wait for that love anymore

Last edited:
sarajevo.jpg

thank you, vivaSA, for the pic and your contribution to this thread.:bow:

I can only imagine how important it was to you and others in Bosnia-Herzegovina and surrounding areas for U2, especially Bono and Edge, to take such a DEEP interest and concern for the People of Sarajevo. :wink:

It's just like the B-man to compose one of the MOST HEART-TOUCHING SONGS ever from one of the saddest events in modern world history. :angel:

And thanks for the pic - it really added something special to this thread. :hug:

IS THERE A TIME....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Jamila said:
thank you, vivaSA, for the pic and your contribution to this thread.:bow:

I can only imagine how important it was to you and others in Bosnia-Herzegovina and surrounding areas for U2, especially Bono and Edge, to take such a DEEP interest and concern for the People of Sarajevo. :wink:

Thanks Jamila :wink:
It's all these bitter-sweet memories coming back, I wrote more about this here

here are some other photos
33%3B8467523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2336%3D99%3C%3D474%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3C%3A44558%3Bot1lsi

33%3B8467523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2336%3D99%3C%3D474%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3C%3A446298ot1lsi

33%3B8467523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2336%3D99%3C%3D474%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3C%3A4469%3B7ot1lsi

vivaSA - :bow:

I love the pic of Edge, Bono and Pavarotti. The look on Bono's face - one of love, concern and determination for the People of Sarajevo is PRICELESS ! :wink:

Thanks again for your contributions here. And I would also recommend Bill Carter's book and DVD on Sarajevo and the ZOO TV broadcasts. :hug:

:edge: :bono: :love:

Thanks Jamila,
I've read the book, it's gotta be one of the few books that I would say are among the best I've read so far in my life (I just hope this judgement is not biased since it's about my city, I hope not 'cause other people think so too), I also know most of the "characters" from the book, that guy Vlado, I used to work with him, he's really great, then Lejla, she used to live in a same building where some of my relatives have lived, and I used to date one of "Alma"'s friends, I just had to be a U2 fan I guess :D

Back
Top Bottom