Miracle Drug (Single Version J!) audio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But we MUST ask questions!!! That's our nature....especially after how mad this last week's been. Either way...dl'ing now...

Hey Jick! thanks for your remixes can't wait to hear MD!

Neways, where about in the Philippines are you from?? I was in the Philippines last year for 2 months and my girfriend (who is filipino) and my self traveled to soo many places from the south to the north! I have to say my favorite places were Boracay, Ta-gay-tai, hundred islands and Bagio amongst many other places we went to! BTW i am in Canada,

Regard,
DBUF

Salamat Po for the remixes!

dabiggestu2fan said:
Lucky You! Cebu is maganda!!!! Cebu and Palawan will be my next stops when i go back to Philippines in a little while

Shoot me a private email if you come here to Cebu. I'll take you around. Ok, enough off-topic now, let's go back to the topic.

Cheers,

J

I finally figured it out:

Jick is Larry.

it explains all the criticisms and the single versions.

I like both COBL and this single mix quite a bit. I enjoy the longer format on the albums, but these single versions do get to the heart of the song faster, which is exactly what a single's supposed to do. And they sound terrific.

If these really are the single versions, then I'm very happy to see that they haven't been altered from the album versions, other than to be compressed to fit a single's time requirements.

Thanks very much for providing these tracks.

Jick, the intro is well done. but I think there is something wrong with Bono's timing in the first vers. This is most likely because he actually sang it more loose, and without the rythm the bassline now delivers. When the drums come in it's a bit abrupt, but somehow still in time as far as I can hear. Think you did a good job shortening the piece in the midle, before Edges solo. IF this is the actual single version, I think they did a mistake not to record a new take in the first verse, and to do something about the drums jst before the first chorus.

Good job though.

Folkelig said:
Jick, the intro is well done. but I think there is something wrong with Bono's timing in the first vers. This is most likely because he actually sang it more loose, and without the rythm the bassline now delivers. When the drums come in it's a bit abrupt, but somehow still in time as far as I can hear. Think you did a good job shortening the piece in the midle, before Edges solo. IF this is the actual single version, I think they did a mistake not to record a new take in the first verse, and to do something about the drums jst before the first chorus.

Good job though.

Abrupt drums? You are correct. It sure is "dodgy" to quote the U2.com website. So HERE IS THE CORRECTED VERSION, just for you. I also fixed the bridge to make it more seamless and the guitar solo note transitions better:

http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BF3C90D0AEF59F289A52177F1F598F2

Let me know what you think of this version.

Cheers,

J

Don't download the versions in my first post and the next one - those have timing errors. Download the versions right in the message before this and the other one. Thr first two suck!

Cheers,

J

Yeah, this time around you nailed it! The only thing left to do, is for you to call in Bono and make him sing the first verse again:) It could be great to hear your mix with the original musik from the first verse though.

Folkelig said:
The only thing left to do, is for you to call in Bono and make him sing the first verse again:) It could be great to hear your mix with the original musik from the first verse though.

Uhmmm...what exactly do you mean by this?

Cheers,

J

What I mean is... In the album version of the song, Bono is singing the first verse with only Edge's guitar and some synth stuff, which is more "loose" and without a clear source of rythm. In your single version you have used the musik from the second verse, in the first verse as well. So when, in your single version, Bono is singing rather "loose" to a more steady backing it sound like he has a timing problem. I just wondered how your single version would work out, if you used the same backing as from the album version. Am I making any sence?

Folkelig said:
What I mean is... In the album version of the song, Bono is singing the first verse with only Edge's guitar and some synth stuff, which is more "loose" and without a clear source of rythm. In your single version you have used the musik from the second verse, in the first verse as well. So when, in your single version, Bono is singing rather "loose" to a more steady backing it sound like he has a timing problem. I just wondered how your single version would work out, if you used the same backing as from the album version. Am I making any sence?

I think Bono's timing singing is still pretty tight. I am sure he has a source of rhythm in his earplugs.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom