Miracle Drug should of been next single - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2005, 04:53 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 12:43 AM
Miracle Drug should of been next single

Does anyone agree?
I have nothing against COBL but it seems to me like Miracle Drug has a much more summer feel to it and COBL has a fall/winter feel. Maybe I'm crazy.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:54 PM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 05:43 AM
Miracle Drug is a masterpiece, it SHOULD be a single
The whole world must know this amazing tune

Old 05-02-2005, 09:59 PM   #3
War Child

Not really. I would have chosen OOTS.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:18 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

City is the right single and the one i selected when the album came out.

Original Of The Species in my mind will be the next and final single.

Miracle Drug is a great track but I think it should be left to those that buy the album to discover.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:46 AM   #5
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Yahweh

Miracle Drug is a great track but I think it should be left to those that buy the album to discover.
Yeah, like UTEOTW for AB and kite for ATYCLB.

I love to see Original of the Species --> that's one of my best u2 songs now!!
Old 05-03-2005, 03:00 AM   #6
Refugee
Note: Troll-like

Location: The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference. Interference Hotness Level: 3rd. Sex: Yes please.
Local Time: 12:43 PM
Miracle Drug is nice but if it was released as a single, boy I'd get sick of it.

As a pop song, Original of the Species is far, far superior and cannot be overplayed in my mind. I hope it is the next single.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:39 AM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 06:43 AM
I think COBL is the last single from HTDAAB... "tour videos" were usualy used for last singles, so who knows...

...and then a new album (maybe as this 25th anniversary thing, like EP only, not the full album...), there was to much talk about new album "SOON"... ther has to be something in all this talk...
Old 05-03-2005, 05:26 AM   #8
War Child

Local Time: 11:13 AM
Miracle Drug should have been no.2 after Vertigo.......

anyway i like the hidden gem idea.........
Old 05-03-2005, 07:48 AM   #9
The Fly

All you Miracle Drug lovers are crazy. It seems nobody singles out this song from the concerts as anything particularly special, yet everyone loves it on the album. It does not have any sort of distinct ineresting sound. It is just kind of generic U2. The vocals are meandering, there is hardly a chorus, Edge's solo is not that interesting. Bono turns "love" into a three syllable word. I really have no idea why so many people love this song. If this were released as a single I can't imagine it not being a total flop.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:06 AM   #10
Refugee

Location: Ashburn, VA (and permanently residing in u2bonogirls head!)
Local Time: 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bathiu
I think COBL is the last single from HTDAAB... "tour videos" were usualy used for last singles, so who knows...

...and then a new album (maybe as this 25th anniversary thing, like EP only, not the full album...), there was to much talk about new album "SOON"... ther has to be something in all this talk...
I disagree, only because U2 are on tour and will not allow the album to tour without pushing a single as a way to grab attention.

Back during Pop, they released 5 singles in about 9 - 10 months while they toured.

For ATYCLB, they released 4 singles in about 14 months with the last one released within a month of the end of the tour.

I can't imagine that they would allow the radio to have nothing to feature in the next 5 months.

And, consider that COBL is the 3rd single off of the album, not the 4th. Vertigo , SYCMIOYO/All Because Of You, and now COBL.

All Because of You was limited to only Canada, and I doubt it will be released to the rest of the world. I think U2 thought that All Because of You is very American radio sounding, and SYCMIOYO is more Euro, and thus split the ticket. Don't expect Canada or the US to get SYCMIOYO later like they did with Walk On and Stuck (flipping the release order in different parts of the world)

Expect OOTS as it's crazily radio-friendly and should be out by October, if not earlier.

I think that will be the end of the singles for this album. But Maybe Yahweh for Christmas? Won't Happen.... but who knows?
Old 05-03-2005, 08:16 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by starsforu2

All Because of You was limited to only Canada, and I doubt it will be released to the rest of the world. I think U2 thought that All Because of You is very American radio sounding, and SYCMIOYO is more Euro, and thus split the ticket. Don't expect Canada or the US to get SYCMIOYO later like they did with Walk On and Stuck (flipping the release order in different parts of the world)
You can't go by what singles are commercially released in the U.S. because none of them are. You go by what is released to radio. As a result, the U.S. has had three radio singles already - Vertigo, All Because Of You, and SYCMIOYO. City Of Blinding Lights will be the fourth, and I do agree that Original Of The Species would make a good final single, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Miracle Drug instead.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:45 AM   #12
Refugee

Location: Ashburn, VA (and permanently residing in u2bonogirls head!)
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

You can't go by what singles are commercially released in the U.S. because none of them are. You go by what is released to radio. As a result, the U.S. has had three radio singles already - Vertigo, All Because Of You, and SYCMIOYO. City Of Blinding Lights will be the fourth, and I do agree that Original Of The Species would make a good final single, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Miracle Drug instead.
Good point, but as a Radio Single "ABOY" must have tanked, because they quickly followed it up with SYCMIOYO. So in less than a month they released promo singles for 2 different songs in North America. I think they hoped that ABOY would have caught more fire.

So, North America / Mexico is on it's 4th single, Rest of the World - 3rd single.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:44 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

MD is fantastic, but COBL does better as a single, I think. I'd also like to see CFYT, OOTS or even Yahweh as single. But after COBL there will be no more singles or only one more single.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:56 AM   #14
War Child

Miracle Drug should never see the light of day on radio. Boring, completely forgettable tune with a haggard vocal effort.

OOTS would be better.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:12 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:43 PM
Miracle Drug as the next single ?? Yes it should be !!

It's better than City Of Blinding Lights or All Because Of You ...
IMO, these two songs should've never been singles ...
I just can't bring myself to liking them !!
Old 05-05-2005, 02:49 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

I like Miracle Drug. But not only is City Of Blinding Lights a better song, it's more radio friendly.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:41 PM   #17
Refugee

COBL is a great song but the production is off a bit.. needs to be weighted down more by the drums, bass needs to be more refined, less non-guitar sounds

i haven't heard the single version though so i don't know whether or not it improves on that... COBL's problems are similar.. to the problems of the album version of Please.. but they fixed it on the Single version of Please, so heres hoping they do the same for COBL
Old 05-06-2005, 08:39 AM   #18
War Child

I think Miracle Drug should be the final single after COBL. It is a fantastic song, with fantastic lyrics. I like OOTS, but it doesn't measure up to Miracle Drug.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:04 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
COBL is a great song but the production is off a bit.. needs to be weighted down more by the drums, bass needs to be more refined, less non-guitar sounds
I disagree. I think COBL is very well produced and they got there with the objective of the song. Great sonority, very complex bass-line and a very good structure. In fact, I think that the song didn't need a radio edit, the album version (in spite of being almost 6:00) is very radio-friendly.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:06 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:43 AM
I think Miracle Drug will be the hidden gem.

Original of the species is too good not to be a single.