Miracle Drug should of been next single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Does anyone agree?
I have nothing against COBL but it seems to me like Miracle Drug has a much more summer feel to it and COBL has a fall/winter feel. Maybe I'm crazy.

City is the right single and the one i selected when the album came out.

Original Of The Species in my mind will be the next and final single.

Miracle Drug is a great track but I think it should be left to those that buy the album to discover.

Yahweh said:

Miracle Drug is a great track but I think it should be left to those that buy the album to discover.

Yeah, like UTEOTW for AB and kite for ATYCLB.

I love to see Original of the Species --> that's one of my best u2 songs now!!

I think COBL is the last single from HTDAAB... "tour videos" were usualy used for last singles, so who knows...:shrug:

...and then a new album (maybe as this 25th anniversary thing, like EP only, not the full album...), there was to much talk about new album "SOON"... ther has to be something in all this talk...:hyper:

Miracle Drug should have been no.2 after Vertigo.......

anyway i like the hidden gem idea.........

All you Miracle Drug lovers are crazy. It seems nobody singles out this song from the concerts as anything particularly special, yet everyone loves it on the album. It does not have any sort of distinct ineresting sound. It is just kind of generic U2. The vocals are meandering, there is hardly a chorus, Edge's solo is not that interesting. Bono turns "love" into a three syllable word. I really have no idea why so many people love this song. If this were released as a single I can't imagine it not being a total flop.

bathiu said:
I think COBL is the last single from HTDAAB... "tour videos" were usualy used for last singles, so who knows...:shrug:

...and then a new album (maybe as this 25th anniversary thing, like EP only, not the full album...), there was to much talk about new album "SOON"... ther has to be something in all this talk...:hyper:

I disagree, only because U2 are on tour and will not allow the album to tour without pushing a single as a way to grab attention.

Back during Pop, they released 5 singles in about 9 - 10 months while they toured.

For ATYCLB, they released 4 singles in about 14 months with the last one released within a month of the end of the tour.

I can't imagine that they would allow the radio to have nothing to feature in the next 5 months.

And, consider that COBL is the 3rd single off of the album, not the 4th. Vertigo , SYCMIOYO/All Because Of You, and now COBL.

All Because of You was limited to only Canada, and I doubt it will be released to the rest of the world. I think U2 thought that All Because of You is very American radio sounding, and SYCMIOYO is more Euro, and thus split the ticket. Don't expect Canada or the US to get SYCMIOYO later like they did with Walk On and Stuck (flipping the release order in different parts of the world)

Expect OOTS as it's crazily radio-friendly and should be out by October, if not earlier.

I think that will be the end of the singles for this album. But Maybe Yahweh for Christmas? Won't Happen.... but who knows? :shrug:

starsforu2 said:

All Because of You was limited to only Canada, and I doubt it will be released to the rest of the world. I think U2 thought that All Because of You is very American radio sounding, and SYCMIOYO is more Euro, and thus split the ticket. Don't expect Canada or the US to get SYCMIOYO later like they did with Walk On and Stuck (flipping the release order in different parts of the world)

You can't go by what singles are commercially released in the U.S. because none of them are. You go by what is released to radio. As a result, the U.S. has had three radio singles already - Vertigo, All Because Of You, and SYCMIOYO. City Of Blinding Lights will be the fourth, and I do agree that Original Of The Species would make a good final single, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Miracle Drug instead.

phanan said:

You can't go by what singles are commercially released in the U.S. because none of them are. You go by what is released to radio. As a result, the U.S. has had three radio singles already - Vertigo, All Because Of You, and SYCMIOYO. City Of Blinding Lights will be the fourth, and I do agree that Original Of The Species would make a good final single, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Miracle Drug instead.

Good point, but as a Radio Single "ABOY" must have tanked, because they quickly followed it up with SYCMIOYO. So in less than a month they released promo singles for 2 different songs in North America. I think they hoped that ABOY would have caught more fire.

So, North America / Mexico is on it's 4th single, Rest of the World - 3rd single.

MD is fantastic, but COBL does better as a single, I think. I'd also like to see CFYT, OOTS or even Yahweh as single. But after COBL there will be no more singles or only one more single.

Miracle Drug as the next single ?? Yes it should be !! :applaud:

It's better than City Of Blinding Lights or All Because Of You ...
IMO, these two songs should've never been singles ...
I just can't bring myself to liking them !! :madspit:

COBL is a great song but the production is off a bit.. needs to be weighted down more by the drums, bass needs to be more refined, less non-guitar sounds

i haven't heard the single version though so i don't know whether or not it improves on that... COBL's problems are similar.. to the problems of the album version of Please.. but they fixed it on the Single version of Please, so heres hoping they do the same for COBL

I think Miracle Drug should be the final single after COBL. It is a fantastic song, with fantastic lyrics. I like OOTS, but it doesn't measure up to Miracle Drug.

COBL is a great song but the production is off a bit.. needs to be weighted down more by the drums, bass needs to be more refined, less non-guitar sounds

I disagree. I think COBL is very well produced and they got there with the objective of the song. Great sonority, very complex bass-line and a very good structure. In fact, I think that the song didn't need a radio edit, the album version (in spite of being almost 6:00) is very radio-friendly.

I think Miracle Drug will be the hidden gem.

Original of the species is too good not to be a single.

Yes, OOTS will be next I bet. The tour is still very early and the band will have another single for sure this Fall when they return to the States.

As for City..., its a perfect single release.

Next single... probably OOTS, but Miracle Drug is not excluded too. These too are the most probable single.

Another unexcluded (but not probable) option is All Because Of You as a worldwide single.

I don't think OOTS will be their 4th single. The band doesn't play the song very often on the tour. I hope they will release the full version of Miracle Drug, although I guess ABOY will be the next in Europe and SYCMIOYO will be the U.S./Canadian single.

I don't see OOTS as a good single.

It's a GREAT song, but that doesn't mean it will translate well to radio.

Come to think of it, Vertigo aside I don't see anything from this album being a good single. Where ATYCLB was truly the album where "any song could be a single", HTDAAB is the album where almost no songs can be singles.

That's not to say they are bad, but they aren't radio-friendly pop tunes (with the exception of Vertigo).

wolbersu2 said:
I don't think OOTS will be their 4th single. The band doesn't play the song very often on the tour. I hope they will release the full version of Miracle Drug, although I guess ABOY will be the next in Europe and SYCMIOYO will be the U.S./Canadian single.

Not playing the song on tour very much didn't stop them from releasing Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses or If God Will Send His Angels. Two songs that never quite hit their stride on tour.

I agree that they won't release a single that they don't play, but I think the experimentation during this leg of the tour might yield more playing of OOTS come the fall.

I think Vertigo will be released again as the 5th single.

You know, just like when the band plays it twice in their shows.

I'm 100 % sure Miracle Drug will be the last single of HTDAAB, because it's one of the 5 songs that's been played a few times on the promo-tour (along with the other singles Vertigo, All Because of You, Sometimes... and City of Blinding Lights)!!

starvinmarvin said:
I think Vertigo will be released again as the 5th single.

You know, just like when the band plays it twice in their shows.

For sure... Expect the radios to play the Temple Bar Mix A LOT!

Back
Top Bottom