Miracle Drug live from CDUK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kbrearey

Babyface
I don't know if anyone has had a chance to go over to u2exit.com, but if you do, there's a great streaming video of U2 performing Miracle Drug live, which is linked from there. I have to say that I was totally blown away bow how absolutely amazing Bono's voice sounded on that performance! I know a lot of people have been doubting his ability to still sing, and I was one of those people. His voice was pretty terrible (well, at least, not at its best) on the Boston Elevation DVD. And a lot of the other Elevation tour performances showed Bono with a strained voice. HOWEVER, this performance was simply amazing. Better than the album, even. I don't know if I have ever heard him sing better. If you have a minute, go over there and check it out!

wow, Edge also sounds great, singing that is.

How much of this is live anyway. With Bono lying on the floor, not moving his mouth, Edge takes over is, but the quality of the stream doesn't let me judge the authenticiy of te recording

Even Larry appeared to sound great singing, in the part where the audience joins in, Jeaaah-hey-he-he...(ooohhh-o-o)

Has anyone seen this on TV (orin person) to confirm?

I saw that on TV. Only Bono's voice was plugged in. Edge and Mullen weren't, even when they were singing. They were miming to a pre-recorded backing track.

Cheers,

J

the performance was great and Bono's voice was in top form
The Edge and Larry are not the singers in U2 so if they were miming or not .....who the fuck cares

Cheers

I hated it, its just a karaoke performance. This kinda of performance reminds me of watching shit like Busted! Miming to a backing track is not what U2 was about 10 years ago!

Lancemc said:
Mimined. Performances. For. TV. Always. Get over it.

Never did totp or cduk crappy shows ten years ago. Didn't do totp for 17 years from 1983(2 hearts) till 2000(beautiful day), and when they were on the show it was a live performance they would send in from one of their concerts, like the great version they did of 'One' for totp in 1992 from a soundcheck from the USA Zoo TV tour. Still they gotta appeal to all the pop kids now!

jick said:
I saw that on TV. Only Bono's voice was plugged in. Edge and Mullen weren't, even when they were singing. They were miming to a pre-recorded backing track.

Cheers,

J

Correction: The Edge was definitely singing his part (which is not a backing vocal anyway) after the guitar solo.

i saw the video...the performance was great.... although i think Bono messed up with the lyrics on one or two ocassions.....either that or that was another performance of Miracle Drug i saw....
still it looks like it could be a great live song....

Back
Top Bottom