Miracle Drug is a lot like Beautiful Day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I can't describe it, but there's a certain 'up bringing' that Miracle Drug has, that's similiar to 'Beautiful Day' and the song seems similiar to it, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

I remember listening to it and thinking, "This sort of sounds like Beautiful Day..." Anyone else?

Miracle Drug sounds like With Or Without You. Miracle Drug sounds like Beautiful Day. What next? Miracle Drug sounds like Van Diemen's Land?

probably just because when bono sings the verses the music is kind of slow, and it explodes during the chorus to go back down again. That's about it, BD is still amazing to me but it doesnt have the killer solo like MD.

the chords sequence are in the most of the song the same than with or without you, and the guitar riff + the drums in the solo are similar to the "touch me" part of beautiful day.
I think however that MD is a more complete song than BD.

Absolutely not. I just got done posting my opinion of MD in another thread, I won't redo it here. But I find nothing good, happy or uplifting about it. BD does it for me though.

It is a lot like Beautiful Day, cos of the riff the edge uses in the chorus which is nearly exactly the same as the beautiful day riff. I would say that the songs are pretty similar and are both pretty good. Not the best U2 songs ever but still worth listening to, I would give both 8/10.

Beautiful Day is better imo than Miracle Drug and is well, in my top 10 U2 songs no problem:wink:

MD is in ATYCLB's line - that's why you may find it similar to BD. I don't associate it with BD really (though this could be an explanation why I dislike MD so much - LOL) - it reminds me more of Walk On in parts.

funny how BD is kinda a rocker and MD is kinda a slower mid-tempo song, but it does pick up in the end!

BD is the better song though!

innocent_eyes said:
funny how BD is kinda a rocker and MD is kinda a slower mid-tempo song, but it does pick up in the end!

BD is the better song though!

I'll just leave other people to put my thoughts into words:wink:

Same chords doesn't make it like WOWY, but the whole sound is like Beautiful day and i've said it and nobody cared

MD is way better than Beautiful Day. BD is a catchy U2-pop song, a great classic song, but MD is way better. Bono shouting "The songs are in your eyes!" Edge's slide gutiar and solo AND singing part. It's like this generation's WOWY.

Numbology said:
yep...that's the thing i wanted to say about larry's drumming,so...there,zoopop said it already:wink:

Yeah drumming, guitar riff, bassline and rousing chorus......basically their the same song just two different mixes!

Back
Top Bottom