Miracle Drug - Edge vocal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Listening to the verse

Beneath the noise
Below the din
I hear a voice
It's whispering
In science and in medicine
"I was a stranger
You took me in"

it sounds a lot like The Edge. Just wondering if it is or if Bono just sounds different there compared to the rest of the song...?! :huh:

sweet! time we had some more lead vocal from him in that case! :up:

I'm a big fan of Edge's singing. He's underutilized, and should sing more. The only time I didn't like his singing was in the Johnny Cash tribute...:yikes:

It's definitely Edge. It's him when they play it live (hence, the lame "Bono caught lip synching" threads by the confused), and it's him on the album. I didn't really notice until I'd heard him do it live....but now I can definitely pick it up on the album. Pretty impressive that he can sound so closely like Bono.

I still think it sounds like Bono on the album version but maybe my ears have been damaged from the years of concert going?

I thought that was Edge since the first time I heard it :shrug:

Have you listened to Native Son? :wink: :edge:

Not sure sounding like Bono is impressive... ;)

I'm usually good at identifying Edge singing - I love his voice! The proof is on the DVD.

wait, so he does it live too?! blimey, I didn't see that at the cardiff show, must have been looking at a different screen I was so far away! :(

He sings a line or 2 in 'Xanax and Wine' too, it's a cute sort of 'reply' to Bono. Of course there's also SBS during Popmart, the Stuck in a Moment falsetto live, the IALW amazing last line on Boston DVD which I adore... Yeah, we need more Edge! :D

PlaTheGreat said:
Wait what part does he sing in Native Son?
::kicks herself::

Don't want to run away
This isn't in my father's plans
I know I can't stay
If I stay I know what's next

WHO?

I BE PLATHEGREAT EVERYWHERE I GO!

Plus I mostly ignore Bono when he opens his mouth, so Edge slips by unnoticed. :( :( :(

Back
Top Bottom