Miracle Drug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i love the lyrics
the songs are in your eyes
i see them when you smile.
:drool:
great guitar edge....from the future :giggle:

It's one of the best on "Bomb". I absolutely love it. There's just something so inherently beautiful about it that's hard to describe.

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head" is a beautiful lyric.
:love:

U2isthebest said:
"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head" is a beautiful lyric.

as much as i love that song, i surprisingly cringe at that lyric. but i think perhaps it has something to do with my disdain for babies.

i do love this song though. when i first heard the album i played this song on repeat for that day. it is really transcendant. i don't even know WHERE it takes me, it just takes me away. those first few notes are just amazing...and then it just carries you away.

im gonna go listen to it again :love:

unico said:

as much as i love that song, i surprisingly cringe at that lyric. but i think perhaps it has something to do with my disdain for babies.

:( I'm disappointed, Mia.

it's a decent song, i liked it more from the beach clip though, and was disappointed after i heard the album version. it could have been that the beach clip misled me though.

unico said:

I agree

horrible line :down:

Bono is full of shit..babies do not smell like freedom :tsk:

:madwife:

At all you Baby haters!

:lol:

Seriously, that must be one of Bono's all time favourite lines because he has used it in Levitate was well. Maybe that's what Babys' heads smell like to him.

* imagine Bono running around a hospital sniffing at new borns' heads *

I really love the song, loved it from the first time I heard it, and love it even more since I learned about the story behind it. The opening always gives me shivers, especially live. I agree that the song has something amazingly beautiful about it.

When I first heard this song I wasn't overly impressed at all, it sounded to me like the kind of thing U2 had done before and better. But when they began playing it on tour my appreciation really grew, it seemed to make more sense. I liked Bono's nightly speech about how much we need doctors and nurses, which I always felt was a quiet nod to Edges personal situation, who actually gets to sing a few lines of his own in this one. What's even spookier is that these are the lines that talk about science and medicine, something which at that time in his life he could really relate to. Of course at the time of recording HTDAAB, he had no idea about what he would be facing, so its really strange that of all the segments on all the songs on the album that he could have sung, he was either chosen or wanted to sing this one.

On the album version I didn't much care for Bono's voice but being out on the road seemed to free his vocals up and he sang the song much better, plus I really enjoyed the synths that were weaved into the last chorus giving the thing a sense of lift off.

Oh and although I think the baby's head line is chessy I don't loathe it, it's all taste at the end of the day.

Last edited:
I adore this song, and actually I think it's overtaken COBL as my favourite Bomb song, which I hastily decided the other day might be my least favourite U2 album after all. :(

good song, but something holds it from making it a u2 classic.

but anyway, the guitar solo by edge leading into his vocals and then the final chorus is incredible, a classic u2 moment.

Simply one of the best songs on an album, that besides this tune is a masterpiece itself – not more, not less ...

The other missing bomb tune for the 5th leg was "Crumbs From Your Table" – it would have been a perfect encore opener, played before "The Fly" ...

Forget the pre-recorded not-live slot machine: Just imagine the bells-intro for "Crumbs" in complete darkness, then blue lights flashing, when the band joins in full power on stage. A hymn, a sing along, a jumper for everybody. With the song finished, then the blue lights turn black with the whole force of "Fly" ripping through the sky – mind blowing!

I like certain parts of this song like how he sings "love makes nonsense of space and tiiiiime will disappear..." and of course the "Beneath the noise.." middle 8 but that guitar solo that follows is not as great as what it's hyped up to be IMO. Edgie has had better ones in the past. But one thing, the solo does seem to have an uplifting quality to it.

ZOOTVTOURist said:
Forget the pre-recorded not-live slot machine: Just imagine the bells-intro for "Crumbs" in complete darkness, then blue lights flashing, when the band joins in full power on stage. A hymn, a sing along, a jumper for everybody. With the song finished, then the blue lights turn black with the whole force of "Fly" ripping through the sky – mind blowing!

whoa ZOO! I never knew you were such a segue freak like me! ;)

here's something we did a number of times...you might like it..

One Tree Hill
Crumbs
The Fly

sometimes we'd throw Desire in btwn Crumbs and The Fly too

maybe i can find audio somewhere...email me if ud like to hear it, its kinda rough because its from a video camera..

MMmmmm, I think I must try and listen to MD a bit more carefully, as for me it's always been one of the least interesting in the album, and I tend to skip it...

COBL is much better.:drool:

we were all babies at one time and we had that freedom of not understanding and being hurt by anything in life.

then we grew up.

and here we are now. pissed off, angry and maybe dead inside..

U2isthebest said:
It's one of the best on "Bomb". I absolutely love it. There's just something so inherently beautiful about it that's hard to describe.

I love this song as well, but note that that particular line is recycled from Levitate.

Back
Top Bottom