Million Dollar Hotel--Thumbs up or down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Not the soundtrack-----just the movie itself.

I watched the whole thing straight through for the first time today (it's on HBO). I haven't decided yet if I like it or not......

What do you think?

Mel Gibson was right when he said that it was as boring as a dog's arse. The soundtrack is good, but the movie is bad. It's unbelievable and that might be its biggest fault.

:yawn:

I did not like it one bit. I couldn't even sit through the commentary, even with Bono's voice coming out of my TV for two hours. I made it about 10 minutes into the commentary and said, "Nope. Not gonna happen."

Like others, I tried to watch it 3 times and each time I fell asleep.

Movie :down:
Soundtrack :up:

I rather liked it. Then again, I have really odd taste in movies.

It's rather normal compared to any John Waters film, and I have his box set.

It's not super great, but it's not total crap either.

It's in that grey area of movie ratings.
I watched it alone and that's probably the reason why I'm on the fence.

I have to watch it again eventually. :wink:

I think Wim Wenders is fucking fantastic, but I haven't seen this. Probably more because of Mel Gibson than anything else.
The soundtrack is awesome though.

Earnie Shavers said:
I think Wim Wenders is fucking fantastic, but I haven't seen this. Probably more because of Mel Gibson than anything else.
The soundtrack is awesome though.

Wenders hasn't been watchable for nearly 20 years, now. It was shit. :down:

Dude's one of my favorite directors of all time, but this one stank. It's even worse than, for example, Until the End of the World.

AND...

...it's even worse than Stay.

Stick with everything up to and including Wings of Desire and you're good to go. Oh, how I wish U2 had been on THAT film's soundtrack...!

I didn't mind Stay. It's not a patch on Wings of Desire though. I haven't seen Until the End of the World (happen to know anywhere you can get this fucker on DVD?)

corianderstem said:
I did not like it one bit. I couldn't even sit through the commentary, even with Bono's voice coming out of my TV for two hours. I made it about 10 minutes into the commentary and said, "Nope. Not gonna happen."

Boy, and I thought I could listen to him reading the Taco Bell menu.....

Back
Top Bottom