Milan DVD appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
Well, it's not out yet and according to recent reports, it might never be released, but that doesn't mean that it should be denied its well-deserved appreciation thread anyway.

How about OOTS with that string orchestra? :drool:

i really have to say that I think U2 are idiots, if they don't release this DVD.

The only thing I've remotely seen or heard from this show is the mp3 of Miss Sarajevo in my itunes. Oh... and I might have seen a clip of Streets on a 60 Minutes special on TV. :hmm:

Looks like it could have been a good show, but there probably was a few things they wanted changed in all of that...

J_NP said:

I WANT MILAN DVD , Damn I could list 100 reasons for it ........

- OOTS , EDGE PLAYING GUITAR ON IT :drool: Plus Orchestra
- A u2 DVD ending with the 1st same song
- Miss Sarajevo in Italy .......
- Italians are a fantastic crowd
- I will follow and electric Co back together after tons of years .........

And so many others

That Hurt's

AND WE CAN'T ACCEPT THIS

I have the audio, and it sounds great! It would be a shame if they didn't release this!

C'mon U2, why choose either Milan or IMAX Buenos Aires?

Just give us both! :lol:

to release the Chicago DVD and not the Milan DVD is such a horrible choice.

The Milan show was such a better representation of the tour.

I Will Follow was so :drool: :drool:

U2girl said:
Maybe no Milan = Buenos Aires instead?

Could be the case. What I dont like about that is that we already have a top notch pro shot bootleg of Buenos Aires, we dont of Milan.

Also, I think the Buenos Aires show is a good one with a good setlist. But Bono's vocals are not in top form at that show. I would rather have a show where they were and Milan seems to be one of those shows from the little I have seen and heard. :shrug:

All that being said, I still think the Milan DVD will see the light of day eventually. Give a year or two. :wink:

What reports said it wasn't coming out? I've been waiting for it ever since they said the camera crew filmed it. That stinks majorly.

How much involved is a band in a DVD release? :hmm:

I've always made myself this question.

It seems, in the case of U2, that the band don't take seriously the DVD subject at all, I mean, how come they release average concerts as Vertigo Chicago, Elevation Boston, etc, etc having performed much better concerts from those tours? :shrug:

I simply can't understand that. I agree Milan blow Chicago on the water, so why did they released Chicago ?????. Also I'd love to point out that the Buenos Aires concert filmed for IMAX was in vain. Bono's voice wasn't his best, cracking several times, and the crowd was lazy, asleep, like if they knew they were been filmed and they didn't give a d*** !. You can even notice Edge annoyed by the crappy performance and boring crowd. They didn't even come on stage to say goodbye with champagne (as they did it in Chile) and they didn't play Love Is Blindness as it was planned. They just wanted to finish the contractual gig and go to the hotel. With Popmart VHS was the same thing. I think the only ones really great concerts officially released have been Red Rocks 1983 and Sydney 1993, that's all :sad:

It seems they must release a US gig on DVD due marketing policy, and all we know that U2 haven't performed their best concerts from each tour in the states since Joshua Tree days :down:

So who's really behind those average concerts on DVD?. Management or the band?. Do the band take seriously the job and are actually involved in the process?. Do the guys really work hard in choosing between several gigs to release a DVD trying to select the really best filmed night?, or is that they pick up a dozen cameras, film 3 nights at a random place and that's all, no matter how crap the concerts were, it will be a DVD anyway

:reject:

ponkine said:
It seems they must release a US gig on DVD due marketing policy, and all we know that U2 haven't performed their best concerts from each tour in the states since Joshua Tree days :down:

Now that is extremely debatable. Some of the best shows of the Vertigo and Elevation tours took place in N. America.

ponkine said:
How much involved is a band in a DVD release? :hmm:

I've always made myself this question.

It seems, in the case of U2, that the band don't take seriously the DVD subject at all, I mean, how come they release average concerts as Vertigo Chicago, Elevation Boston, etc, etc having performed much better concerts from those tours? :shrug:

I simply can't understand that. I agree Milan blow Chicago on the water, so why did they released Chicago ?????. Also I'd love to point out that the Buenos Aires concert filmed for IMAX was in vain. Bono's voice wasn't his best, cracking several times, and the crowd was lazy, asleep, like if they knew they were been filmed and they didn't give a d*** !. You can even notice Edge annoyed by the crappy performance and boring crowd. They didn't even come on stage to say goodbye with champagne (as they did it in Chile) and they didn't play Love Is Blindness as it was planned. They just wanted to finish the contractual gig and go to the hotel. With Popmart VHS was the same thing. I think the only ones really great concerts officially released have been Red Rocks 1983 and Sydney 1993, that's all :sad:

So who's really behind those average concerts on DVD?. Management or the band?. Do the band take seriously the job and are actually involved in the process?. Do the guys really work hard in choosing between several gigs to release a DVD trying to select the really best filmed night?, or is that they pick up a dozen cameras, film 3 nights at a random place and that's all, no matter how crap the concerts were, it will be a DVD anyway

are you ever happy at ANYTHING?, for one how could they know that milan was going to be better than chigago? chigago was filmed way before milan,

also i respect your opinion, but for the life of me cant see how you get BA as being a "boring" concert and the crowd being asleep, oh no wait thats it, its because it wasn't in chile right?

The Buenos Aires crowd was anything but boring and asleep. I think I even saw a few in the front row having sex during the show.

Wow, I can't say i've crossed that off my list :lol:

Just cause they say its not coming out "now" doesnt mean it wont ever come out....

The world'll keep on turning, and we'll get dizzy!

U2Man said:
The Buenos Aires crowd was anything but boring and asleep. I think I even saw a few in the front row having sex during the show.
lol well ye, that one part was a little uncalled for

but hey each to there own, :wink:

Blue Room said:

All that being said, I still think the Milan DVD will see the light of day eventually. Give a year or two. :wink:

I don't know what to think, I remember reading the band/Willie Williams weren't happy with Milan footage, then we heard Hamish Hamilton say it is coming out, and now this...Milan scrapped but Popmart Mexico instead.

And as for the front row comment, didn't Bono once say "We make music other people can have sex to"? :wink:

From Willies Diary:

Milan San Siro Stadium

We made our plans, constructed our strategy as to how to shoot this thing, then watched the band walk out on stage and do one of the greatest U2 shows I have ever seen. Bono told the audience (in Italian, I might add) \'last night was our first date, tonight \'we make love\', and if a band and their audience ever shagged each other, then this was the night it happened. It was a full on love-fest, they just nailed it, bless \'em

You\'ll be able to see it for yourself one day, as the whole thing is committed to digital media for posterity, but of the highlights for me personally, the greatest was Bono putting on a t-shirt thrown to him from the crowd. It was a particularly unfashionable shade of blue, but bore the \'Underground\' logo from London\'s public transport system. I had a little moment, right there in the truck.

The band did a runner, so afterwards, sitting on boxes with beers, I called Bono to say \'nice one\', to let him know that we had captured the whole spectacular, emotional event.

So i think Milan DVD WILL be released.

ponkine said:
, and the crowd was lazy, asleep, like if they knew they were been filmed and they didn't give a d*** !. You can even notice Edge annoyed by the crappy performance and boring crowd. They didn't even come on stage to say goodbye with champagne (as they did it in Chile) and they didn't play Love Is Blindness as it was planned. They just wanted to finish the contractual gig and go to the hotel.

Are you serious? I think the audience is amazing, you can hear them actually humming the vertigo riff, and the new year's day piano riff, (just like italian fans). The show probably suffers and the band is not 100% on it because I think they had gotten bad news. This is just before postponing the rest of the tour. They probably had no choice but go on stage that night. But I think the audience is great.

IMHO best audience in a u2 release = Slane.

Blue Room said:

Now that is extremely debatable. Some of the best shows of the Vertigo and Elevation tours took place in N. America.

Errr yeah, especially beacuse 2/3 of the elevation tour was north america. :|

Back
Top Bottom