Midnight On-Sale Listing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not that anybody cares lol but I did call the local Media Play (in Orem, UT) and the girl said she thought they were having a "Midnight Madness." I'm going to call again though because she didn't sound like she actually knew.

The losers at HMV in St. Catharine's Ontario won't have a midnight sale cuz they're losers.

Did i mention they were losers for not having the album at midnight yet? Well, they are losers.

:wink:

wolf Q said:
Not that anybody cares lol but I did call the local Media Play (in Orem, UT) and the girl said she thought they were having a "Midnight Madness." I'm going to call again though because she didn't sound like she actually knew.

They are. I called and asked at the store yesterday. They confirmed it both times :up:

Best Buy isnt though, and I waited on hold for about 10 mins. Pretty aggrivating, they definitely wont be getting my money.

Virgin Megastore in SLC is, and Gray Whale CD Exchange in Draper is also.

Bono's American Wife said:

We'll be at Cafe Tu Tu Tango around 10:00 so let us know if you'll be there!!! :D

No can do. Staying up till one on Saturday night to watch that lame-ass show almost killed me. I know that I would be no good Tuesday morning, and I have 29 obligations to be 100% that day. :(

I'm going to swing by Target at 8 am on my way to school Tuesday morning.

Have fun!! :wink:

u2popmofo said:

They are. I called and asked at the store yesterday. They confirmed it both times :up:

Best Buy isnt though, and I waited on hold for about 10 mins. Pretty aggrivating, they definitely wont be getting my money.

Virgin Megastore in SLC is, and Gray Whale CD Exchange in Draper is also.

Thanks for the info! Any idea on what time people start arriving for these things? I went to the ATYCLB midnight release and we were like the 2nd group of people there....but I don't remember what time we went...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
From what I saw Best Buy has it for $30, Target for $24, and Borders is $40.

Is that right?

That's (Target that is) cheaper than Amazon!

My sis is running out to Coconuts, I think, to pick up two copies...one for me, one for her.

Montreal HMV on St. Catherine is NOT opening at midnight, buggers.

You'll have to wait 'till 8 A.M. like me :)

wolf Q said:

Thanks for the info! Any idea on what time people start arriving for these things? I went to the ATYCLB midnight release and we were like the 2nd group of people there....but I don't remember what time we went...

I was wondering that too. I went to the ATYCLB release there 4 years ago too, there were far more people there then than I had imagined. I'm going to at least try to be there 10 to 15 mins before the doors open. I'm personally not expecting as big of a turn out this time, but that doesnt really mean anything. (Then again, who knows. Nirvana has a box set coming out, and Harry Potter is coming out too, there could be a bunch of people there for those)

Canadiens1160 said:
Montreal HMV on St. Catherine is NOT opening at midnight, buggers.

You'll have to wait 'till 8 A.M. like me :)

They also wont be getting the collectors edition till thursday...that sux

OK, I just got back from Meijer's (local store like Target), that had said they were having a midnight sale.

OK, first of all, the didn't have anything out until almost 12:30, then when I went to buy my boxed set it rang under a non-sale price. :yell: I told them about the other stores with sales, and they said to bring my reciept in tomorrow with the sale paper and I'd get my $10 back.

I should have waited until tomorrow morning! :crack:

But, I have it and it's beautiful. :heart:

I was at the HMV in West Edmonton Mall tonight for the big sale, and I was quite impresed with the number of people that were there. I'm sure I missed a bunch of you, but for the record I was the guy wearing the Elevation Tour shirt with the black jacket/sweater and glasses.

Best part of the DVD.......Edge rocking the banjo!

Edgeman said:

Best part of the DVD.......Edge rocking the banjo!

:up:

I like how he's dressed all 'rock star-esque' and acting cool as he plays the banjo. Great stuff :up:

I was at the Tower in Seattle on the corner of Roy and 5th.
There were well over 150 people there. At first I assumed that everyone was buying the Nirvana box set (we are in Seattle) but an informal poll suggested otherwise. I think about 75% of the people were there for U2.
They let us in the store ten at a time and of the twenty or so people I saw in the store actually buying music about 16 or 17 went for the U2.

p.s.- I bought both. :huh: Plus two other limited editions for gifts. :huh: God help my bank account. :huh:

I was also at the midnight Tower Records sale in Seattle! It was great to see so many people there for U2. I also thought many of them were there for Nirvana.

Did you see yourself on the news?? I did!! :) King 5 news was there and they showed a report this morning with video of all of us standing in line. Although they made it seem like most of us were there for Nirvana. Little did they know that us die hard U2 fans outnumbered the Nirvana crowd.

I didn't see myself on the news but I did get videotaped by a creepy Access TV guy with a Nirvana fixation.
Funniest moment of the night was standing in line. The guy directly in front of me and his girlfriend were huge Nirvana fans.
He took one look at me and pegged me as a U2 fan. Apparently he thougth I fit the cliche. The funny part was that he and his girlfriend were African-American. So much for cliche's!

I saw the creepy Access TV guy interviewing people, you must have been right in front of us. The African American couple were a few people in front of us. They were hilarious, they were doing the Beavis and Buthead dance. They made friends with the girl U2 fans right in front of us and she was going to send him Nirvana CD's. They were a very animated couple.

Back
Top Bottom