Midnight On-Sale Listing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have a couple more:

From the Tower at Market and Noe in San Francisco:
Yes, we are always open at midnight on Mondays to sell the new releases. This Monday will be no exception. The regular cd will be sale priced at $11.24 and the special edition will be $29.99.

Also, the Tower Records in Campbell, California. Portland, Seattle (Roy St.), Honolulu, and Sunset in LA will be opened at midnight.

For all of the poor schmucks like me who don't live near a decent city, I would suggest going to your local 24-hour Wal-Mart Supercenter. There probably won't be any festivities, but that's where I picked up my copy of ATYCLB on the midnight of its release.

TheFirstBigW said:
For all of the poor schmucks like me who don't live near a decent city, I would suggest going to your local 24-hour Wal-Mart Supercenter. There probably won't be any festivities, but that's where I picked up my copy of ATYCLB on the midnight of its release.

Oh, there'll be festivites at Wal-mart all right -- me squealing and twitching once I get my grubby little paws on the CD!!!!! :happy:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Well, i doubt that someone else in this forum could be interested...anyway just in case tonight in Verona there are 2 shops opening at midnight to sell HTDAAB: Fnac (Via Cappello) and Ricordi Media Store (Via Mazzini).
I'll go with a couple of friends of to Ricordi to get the ultramegasuperplus ( ;) ) edition...i hope there's Fast Cars on it!

Actually in Italy Midnight sale is an innovation of the current season and so far in my city (mind that Verona is a relatively little city: 250k people) i've heard of midnight sales for Vasco Rossi (Italian popular rocker), Eminem, Half Life 2 (i mean the Pc game) and now...U2 :drool:

senrab said:
I heard from a colleague (who is a former employee of Media Play but still talks to her former co-workers there) that there will be a midnight sale at the Media Play on Walden Ave. in Cheektowaga NY (Buffalo area).

I work there!
We'll be open till 12:30
I'll be dressed as Bono if I'm working

spencr00 said:

I work there!
We'll be open till 12:30
I'll be dressed as Bono if I'm working

I'm going to try and make it!!! I live in the area, but have to work 7:00 Tues. morn. I'll be looking for you if I make it. I'll be the one with all the curly hair:wave:

Got a bunch more Tower Records stores offering the CD at midnight. If any of you are planning to buy the CD at midnight, please check with the store to see what time you have to arrive, some let you come in just before midnight, others require you to be in the store as early as 10.

Philadelphia, Avenue of the Arts
Burlington, MA
Tyson's Corner, VA
Nashville
Carle Place, Long Island, NY
Washington DC
Massapequa, NY
Huntington, Long Island, NY
Clarke St., Chicago
Dallas
New Orleans
Mountain View, CA
Broadway, New York, NY
San Diego

Last edited:
The Tower in Aiea, HI is also selling the album at midnight. Got this from Tower in Chicago...

Tower is part sponsor of a u2 Release party on Monday night the 22nd. This will be at Fado Irish pub in Downtown Chicago! We'll even have a special performance by ELEVATION (one of the best U2 cover bands in America!). Please share with the fellow u2 fans on your site.

More info available at www.fadoirishpub.com Just click the Chicago box... and you'll be directed to the event!

What about Kansas City? We don't have any cool music stores like Tower or Virgin here.

And I refuse to go to Wal-Mart for a copy.

Hi there,
I'm new(ish) to the forum as it's a few years since I've been here (in a different guise)
I've been fortunate to get an advance copy of the new limited edition CD/DVD/Book, What a great package, the DVD is fascinating especially the acoustic version of "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" and Temple Bar mix of Vertigo, banjo and all!

My personal favourites on the album to date are "Sometimes...".(surely this albums' "One") which is one of the most honest lyrics Bono has ever written (with a little of the lyric thrown in from Edge perhaps?) and "A Man And A Woman"

I'm always fascinated by the credits and Thank U's on the albums and notice on this one that amongst the the usual suspects and many other Thank U's is one for "Howth Celtics Under 8s". Larry's a fan I'd imagine................

Not sure about the booklet yet, (Larry's hand???) Maybe it will grow on me
Anyway, gotta go and take more time to keep listening to this and to the tape of the studio show from Tuesday................

Haven't seen them perform since summer 03 at the SO opening night so roll on March!!

Bacedge said:

I'm always fascinated by the credits and Thank U's on the albums and notice on this one that amongst the the usual suspects and many other Thank U's is one for "Howth Celtics Under 8s". Larry's a fan I'd imagine................

That is too effin cute. :cute::heart:

Hey Martha,
Yeah, most of the time they start lining you up. It's generally pretty loose, but kinda like waiting for tickets. Pretty fun though cause you are all fans and have at least one thing in common. Last time I waited in line for a cd was Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. (dating myself) Got a cool t-shirt in the deal. Every time a U2 record goes onsale I'm out of town. I was on my honeymoon when ATYCLB released.

Okay, have a few Virgin Mega Stores to add to the list...

Orlando (which has the Japanese import in right now if you can't wait)
New Orleans
Boston
Union Square, NYC
Salt Lake City

The two stores in Dallas are not offering the CD at midnight but Grapevine Mills is giving away promo items with purchase Tuesday and Mockingbird Station is taking pre-orders tonight between 6-8 at Trinity Hall and doing giveaways.

A few more Virgin Mega Stores...

Times Square NYC
Orange, CA (The Block)
Los Angeles

Also, for those of you in San Francisco...

11/23/04 - 12-2pm
U2 songs performed live by Zoo Station
Zoo Station is the Bay Area's Complete U2 Experience! From Boy to How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, ZOO STATION will take you on a musical journey from Dublin to the heart of America and back again. If you've ever wondered what it would've been like to catch U2 in a bar back in the day, now is your chance. Plus, we'll have loads of cool (and free!) U2 related giveaways and prizes during the event.

Back
Top Bottom