Midnight HTDAAB Sales?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trashdaveed

The Fly
Hi Interferencers,

I apologize if it's inappropriate for newbies to start a thread, but I don't consider myself as one...rather just a quiet, yet frequent observer and absorber over the past few years. By the way, thanks to all of you for being the best confirmatory news source about the band. I can always count on getting the whole, "detailed" story by coming here -- which is stellar!

My question is -- Does anyone know what the likelihood of midnight sales will be in larger cities for HTDAAB? If anyone in Canada (particularly in Montreal) remembers whether or not they did this for Pop or ATYCLB at the downtown HMV stores that would be great. I know that they used to do it for major releases in some cities, but I don't know if that policy continues at present or not.

Perhaps it's not such a big deal to wait until morning, but I'd really like to start off my 27th b-day (Nov 23) in style with a personal midnight listening party.

Just curious...thanks for readin' this -- and keep up the wonderful work!

I wish there was a midnight gimmick here, but judging by the release of the last album, there won't be, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I know I won't be working the day it comes out, so I have my day planned anyways. Maybe Wal-Mart will put it out after midnight....

I'm hoping but highly doubt it...I don't understand why there aren't any good music stores in the Cbus area that would do this....We did have a Virgin Megastore but they left.... :grumpy: My birthday is Nov. 11th....I'm going to be such a brat because all I want is that iPod and the limited editon of HTDAAB....:sigh:

They had a midnight releace for ATYCLB at Media Play here. I'm hoping they'll do it again for HTDAAB!

I was there, Wolfie, for the Pop release at Media Play. I think it was at Redwood Road.

Anyway, I believe they will do it again for HTDAAB. In particular, most Tower Records are open till midnight and so it just makes sense for them to do it. For ATYCLB, there were over 300 people here in Denver. Made some good friends that night!

ADecentMelody said:
I was there, Wolfie, for the Pop release at Media Play. I think it was at Redwood Road.

Anyway, I believe they will do it again for HTDAAB. In particular, most Tower Records are open till midnight and so it just makes sense for them to do it. For ATYCLB, there were over 300 people here in Denver. Made some good friends that night!

Oh really? That's cool! I was actually at the Media Play in Orem, I wonder if the ones SLC way get more people...probably. I do hope they will do it again. :)

Back
Top Bottom