MIAMI ! Listen to the song again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
This is a total Miami appreciation thread. I cant help it, I'm in love with the song. As I type this, I'm listening to it for a third time in a row. Those of you who dont care for it much, give it another listen, a close listen preferably on headphones! What a fantastic song it is. Most of the credit goes to Larry.

- Great, very catchy and infectious beat
- The 'When The Levee Breaks' bridge and ending
- Awesome loud raw guitar after "here comes car chase..."
- Pretty decent lyrics perfectly capturing the Florida atmosphere
- Good throbbing bass which kicks in a little late

Its such a complete track, you can distinctly hear everyone's contribution, Larry, Bono, the Edge and Adam.

Love it! :heart: Listen to Miami on headphones.

I think it has mixed " Elvis Presley + John Lennon " spirit in it .
I like it . like like like like like like like It-AH!!

It's the only track on Pop that I don't like. Make a fair live track, though.

really, typhoon? i thought it was better on the album.

maybe my live mp3 isnt that good quality...well not maybe.. it ISNT good quality.

its a real good choppy song. its different. its cool.

I dig Miami. If you don't expect too much from it, it's a jazzy, nasty little ditty.

Miami is an outstanding piece of music. I particularly like the guitar moment talked about earlier that kicks in after the "Here comes the car chase" lyric. Beside being a great raw and dirty sounding lick, it also has a kind of humorous swagger to it. I think they were evoking the old TV show Miami Vice in this section. Think Don Johnson chasing down some bad guys in his open top convertible with some wacky multi-colored shirt on, sunglasses going and the coiffure in perfect condition and this part of the song comes alive with both the coolness that this "car chase" scene is striving for and the ridiculousness of it that any intelligent onlooker will gather from it. In other words, this part of the song rocks, swaggers and says something about the emptiness that sometimes accompanies a life dependent on just rocking and swaggering all at the same time. This IMO is a pretty damn strong accomplishment for less than a minute's worth of music. Since I've said so much about this part of the song I won't go on about the other parts of the song except to say that the lyrics (seemingly the most criticised aspect of the song) though not Bono's best fit the mood of the music just fine IMO.

I think headphones really help with this song, at least for me, 'cause after I'd heard it in headphones one time, it started to grow on me more and more.

"Miami" is a very weird song musically and lyrically (just with some of the various things that are mentioned in that song). But I like it. It's...different. It's unusual. It's not what most people would think of when you mention the name U2 (those who aren't big U2 fans, that is, if you catch my drift). Plus, I like the way Bono sings the song.

Hmmm...looks like I'll be listening to "Pop" tonight. Talking about this song makes me want to listen to it.

Angela

Miami - everything about it is laid back, chilled tempo with edge playing a wicked riff. Love this song as its like a commentary of life in the sun. Didn't go down great at Popmart in Dublin as it was prob. a bit too obscure for the masses but would love to have seen this played in the intimacy of Elevation tour

Back
Top Bottom