Miami is a GREAT song/Favorite Car Blasting Songs??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
Hey all -

Just wanted to say that Miami is an amazing song. I think the song perfectly depicts the sounds and feelings of Miami with the 'industrial' and dirty drum and bass and those lyrics. I can't stop listening to Miami. It is just one of those songs that I LOVE to blare in my car and sing a long to

MIAMIIIIIIIIIIIIII!
MY MAMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!
MIAMIIIIIIIIIIII!
MY MAMMY!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know what you guys think of Miami ...or what songs do you like to blare in your car and sing along to?:censored: :censored: :wink: :madspit: :huh: :lol: :no:

Ooh...Miami is a great song for blasting in your car!

Other favorites...

Wild Honey
Big Girls are Best
New Years Day
Acrobat
Ultraviolet
Dirty Day
With a Shout
The Fly
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Mofo
God Part II
Pride
Wire
11 O'Clock Tick Tock

Slightly "lighter" but still good to blast...

Always
One
Heartland
In God's Country

:happy:

Miami fuckin rocks

Miami is awesome!!! I dont know why some people dont like it or just plain hate the song. Its got a very catchy and addictive beat, loud raw guitars and decent lyrics. I dont know why Bono goes 'my mammy' though, maybe he meant to say 'my miami'. Anyway that doesnt take away anything from the song. :)

Other car blasters IMO:

Zoo Station
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Discotheque

While I don't agree with you on your opinion of Miami, which it is only an opinion, as my likeness for it is only an opinion...I do applaud and thank you for your honesty and for your thoughts on Miami. Why is it that you don't care for Miami? I am curious. Perhaps there is something I have overlooked.

Jason

although i like the rythm of miami i'm not a big fan of the lyrics, is there like some deep message somewhere in between the freshmen squeaky clean.

and to not digress,
i like beautiful day, do you feel loved, please, one, the fly, even better than the real thing, with a shout, gloria in the caaaar

Wonderful track. One of my faves off Pop.

Other great car blasters:

Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Elevation (Influx Remix)
Even Better Than The Real Thing
The Fly
Mofo
Streets
Big Girls Are Best

strong, adventurous, a wake up track, which is good for the car, you are right. Great trippy drumming, sharp cracking sound, bit of a timbale feel at times, but blurred too. it brews, almost boils not quite, simmers....I like it .

Hmm don't mention car Cd selections, I have been ripped off:censored: :der: :lol: my "new" cD player won't play burnt CD's grrrrrrrrr I was going to make favourite selections for the car. I have been still listening to Bowie a lot ( electrical storm so much reminds me of D.A.V.I.D Bowie's music:up:) Queen, U2, the local bands...they all get a turn. Good fun having a sing in the car, I agree.

I agree and think Miami is a great tune in the car. But don't forget Bullet (popmart era) it is amazing blasting this song!!!

Miami is nice, but the worst song on PoP.

:heart: Discoth?que BOOMCHA BOOMCHA!
Do You Feel Loved:heart:

Last edited:
this smiley is wearing shades due to the bright sun in Miami

I like Miami, more so for the dirty, funky music than the lyrics.

Best song ever to rock out to in your car....

Dirty Day

Do You Fell Loved, Lady with the Spinning Head (Extended dance remix), Elevation, HMTMKMKM and although it is not really a U2 track, Billy Boola!!!

Miami is a great song to blast in ur car but the live version of them playing it in concert is MUCH better than the way it sounds on POP.

U2Penn said:
Miami is a great song to blast in ur car but the live version of them playing it in concert is MUCH better than the way it sounds on POP.

:yes: I think that's true for ALL the songs on POP!

Ultraviolet- the guitar rift at the beginning MUST be play excessively loud!
Dirty Day- when the guitar kicks in, the volume always seems to be turned way up!
Where the Streets- the beginning just makes me want to speed!
Please (live)- words can't describe how awesome this song is
Beautiful Day- to be played before work b/c it always gets me in a good mood!

As for Miami- I'm not a hater, but I can't say it's one of my faves. I wouldn't be caught dead playing that loud in my car! Maybe it's the cheesy "My Mammys" and "ba ba ba ba bas" that turn me off. It has some good elements- it's quite creative, the lyrics are on the whole clever, and it does make you feel like you're in Miami, but.... :shrug:

something's just not there!

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Lemon. That is my ultimate car driving song. However, watch out because I tend to speed up when this song is playing. :evil:

As for Miami, I don't know why, but that song just doesn't do anything for me, either live or studio. :shrug:

I shall help all you poor unenlightened folk. ;)

Best drive fast rock out song EVER:
Wire (preferably the remix).

I DARE you not to put the foot down during "cut in cut out.. etc"

:D

Back
Top Bottom