"Miami is a great song."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gettin' hot in the photo booth...

...I've always liked this song.

Miami is a KICK-ASS song! First time I heard it I loved it!! I came here and everyone was bashing it...why?!?! :huh:

Chizip said:
I'm not a fan of Miami :madspit:

then why are you posting in the miami appreciation thread?

get the hell outta here!!!

*WILD APPLAUSE* post of the day

anyone got MP3s of the Rotterdam/Tel Aviv/Miami performances?? could they please upload them/one for us to listen?? :(

im trying to upload a live video of miami

youcrappysendit just timed out during the upload though :mad:

Chizip said:

then why are you posting in the miami appreciation thread?

get the hell outta here!!!

an apreciation thread includes positive and negative opinions, right? I don't see "miami orgasmic lovers" as topic :| :|

I've always thought 'Last Night on Earth' was the least listenable on 'Pop' because I'd heard the Mexico City performance first and SOMEHOW they managed to get the song to sound so much fuller! Perhaps it's the 'accoustics' of the stadium but it just sounds so much BETTER!

-

MacPhistoPT said:

an apreciation thread includes positive and negative opinions, right? I don't see "miami orgasmic lovers" as topic :| :|

not TRYING to argue, but surely if we're showing our appreciation surely that means grabbing the kleenex in the song's honour. When you retire from your job will you want your goodbye party to have all your pals saying "I love it when he...but hate it when he...I...I just plain don't like him at all!" :huh:

Last edited:
Last Night and Earth, Mofo and Gone are great songs but IMO Wake Up Dead Man is the gem :drool: :drool: :drool: don't know if was a topic about it recently, I'm thinking of creating one

MacPhistoPT said:

Not really, no. :wink:

In addition, if someone wishes to start a thread to appreciate a specific band or album, please be courteous and do not start a flame war or bash that band or album in that thread. If you dislike a band or album, you may start your own thread voicing your dislike for that band or album.

Okay, I'm sorry. I don't have problems because I don't hate the song, but you guys should be more tolerant and don't lash someone who doesn't :bow: at Miami as you do

MacPhistoPT said:
Okay, I'm sorry. I don't have problems because I don't hate the song, but you guys should be more tolerant and don't lash someone who doesn't :bow: at Miami as you do

it was more of a joke than a lashing out

i probably should have put a :wink: at the end of it

Chizip said:
AHHHHHHHH, it timed out again!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Dear you send it:
angry-smiley-002.gif

It's funny ... I said I didn't like the song when the thread started, and now I'm reading how everyone loves it, and why, and it makes me want to go listen to it again, because damn, it sounds amazing!

Then I go and listen to it, and I'm disappointed. There are some cool moments in it, though.

I have the utmost confidence this song will eventually grow on me, and it'll rocket to my top 5 U2 songs. :wink:

corianderstem said:
It's funny ... I said I didn't like the song when the thread started, and now I'm reading how everyone loves it, and why, and it makes me want to go listen to it again, because damn, it sounds amazing!

Then I go and listen to it, and I'm disappointed. There are some cool moments in it, though.

I have the utmost confidence this song will eventually grow on me, and it'll rocket to my top 5 U2 songs. :wink:

you're probably only hearing it. of course it sucks when you hear it. next time, try to really listen to it. then you will realize its awesomeness!

:wink:

Ha!

I dig the groovy rhythms of it, and when Bono initially screams "MIAMI!"

Little by little, I come around.

blahblahblah said:
I've always thought 'Last Night on Earth' was the least listenable on 'Pop'

It is, by a mile.

It's not the worst song, that would be Playboy Mansion, which gets the Red Light award for POP.

There always has to be one.

:wink:

i was just ribbing ya numb

i like to rib, i also like to eat ribs

Back
Top Bottom