Mexican Film About U2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonoab

Babyface
Hey, well I have new information about the film:

In a Mexican newspaper there's an article about the soundtrack whether a U2 song would be included in the movie...

And the answer is YES

The song is Miracle Drug, originally the director wanted Kite, but after hearing Miracle he thought this song would fit perfectly in the movie.

Larry Mullen gave permission for using their song and clips of the Vertigo Tour.

However, the movie would premiere in the US by the 23 of September (almost a month from now), the permission that Larry gave was barely 3 weeks ago. The movie was "completed" since then, so, the director has to re-edit the movie to include the song and the clips which could delay the premiere... What do you think?

Lets hope this movie is worth watching...:)

Irishteen said:
Is it gonna have subtitles?

Miracle Drug? No, but if you play it backwards, there's a voice that says: "Bono is dead," and then recites a recipe for tomato soup.

I'd imagine the US release of the movie will have subtitles.

I know, I'm just being silly. I should have put a few smilies in there! :wink: :yes: :p :giggle: :drunk:

Irishteen said:
Ye that would have made it clearer, hope its a good film

Or perhaps if you read his whole post (where you'd have seen he was joking) instead of zipping off an e-mail after reading the first 2 words... :wink:

As for the film... eh... Just because U2's song is in a movie doesn't mean it's worth watching. Every second of "All I Want Is You" is in "Reality Bites", and I consider that film barely watchable.

The website of the film has been updated
You can choose the page in spanish or english

7dias.com

Also you can view the trailer, and photos, the synopsis, there's also a "U2" section featuring Miracle Drug

Being from Mexico maybe I should say, yeah go and watch it!, but I have to be honest, the movie is really a bad movie.
But out of curiosity if you want to see a movies that includes a silly character of a U2 fan that is also the son of a mafia guy, and you think you can enjoy a movie whose only bit of interest for a u2 fan is that they talk all the time about U2, (sort of a tribute to the band), or if you want to see a few seconds of U2 playing Miracle Drug live in the big screen, then go and watch it, but don't say you were not warned.

Back
Top Bottom