Meteor Ireland Music Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, our boys are on a roll!
Congratulations U2!!!
Bono's words about his father were very moving.

Rosa and Zoomerang, yaaay for you guys!
smile.gif

Brettig, thanks for the pics, Paul 's pic is too funny.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by NicaMom (edited 03-06-2002).]

WHOOOOO HOOOO! Those pics just made my day!
They all look adorable, and I love the one of Bono, Larry and Edge in the car together...so cute!
Thanks for posting them NicaMom!

Thanks for this news guys.
I am pleased about U2's accolades of course, but I have heard mamma christine(noble) tell her personal story. I am so very glad she received this particular award.
A great day for the Irish
smile.gif

Originally posted by daisybean:
Larry actually spoke????????

Was he drunk?

LOL I guess he was!!! Larry and Bono had loads of booze all night long... never saw him (Larry) looking so bored!!! The smiled at the end, not bad at all...

I have it on tape. It was on last night on Network 2... Copy? Anyone?

U2 was like constantly on stage getting their awards. Bono was the boss of course, telling who should go and get the award... Edge, as best musician, alone doing his speech and then Adam... Jaysus!!! It was great. They didn't perform though, not on my TV anyways LMAO

March 8, 2002
From The Irish Star:

U2 cannot enter the toilets!

U2 may have won a record haul at the Meteor awards, but many VIPs were left pee'd
off by U2's security at the awards. U2 were accompanied by 5 bodyguards on the night.

U2 have rarely used bodyguards in Ireland unless they are playing a gig, but never
seen before was the joke that U2 made of themseleves in Dublin at the Irish Meteor
Music Awards.

Several gents (VIPs) such as 2FM disc jockeys and members of other bands were stopped
from entering the toilets in The Point during the ceremony as Bono was in the toilets. On
each occasion every member of the band went to take a leak, no one else was allowed
into the toilets until either Bono or one of the band had finished.

One source claimed that the bodyguards just asked them to hold on until Bono was
finished using the facilities.

"I could not believe it," said one insider. "I thought it was actually a joke but when the lads
went to the loo, no one was let enter the restroom. Bono should get rid of his big head.
Maybe the lads have something to hide."

I hope this isn't true

I fail to see what's the big deal with U2 wanting the loo to themselves?
If these death threat rumours are true, I would take all the precautions I could, in and outside of the bathroom.
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom