Merry X-Mas to our friends in Oz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
I guess it's probably Christmas morning in Oz, so I thought I'd just wish 'em all a merry xmas, even though I'm sure none of them will be around here today (tomorrow) whatever
confused.gif

ta-ta!

Merry Christmas to all the crazy Interland Aussies!!!!!!!!!!!!!..
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

au.gif

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 12-24-2001).]

Awwww!!! Thanks guys! Well, it is very hot and sunny here today...some 37 degrees here is Brissie. eeww!!

A very Merry Christmas to all my Oz buddies as well as everyone else around the world
smile.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Thanks everyone for the Christmas wishes- it is now the 26th here and I had such a nice day yesterday- I got heaps of cool presents, ate heaps and heaps of prawns and drank too much champagne and vodka.......but man o man it is hot here - today was 40 degrees, very, very hot, anyway have fun everyone
smile.gif

thanks for your kind thoughts popkid.
It goes to show you never know what tomorrow brings. The heat wave here meant I had to chose between spending Christmas Day with my elderly father or my husband. So I've been here at my PC the past couple of days. A very low key Christmas for me this year , but that's OK.
It did mean I definitely got to see the Father Ted Christmas special on TV "The Golden Cleric Awards" and Mrs Doyle's tea speech...classic.(Mrs Doyle is my hero)

Best wishes 2 U 2 :) Happy New Year

Good luck to pamela and others dealing with the events of the past 2 days ( I read about torrential rain and landslides in Rio in another post). Someone has lit up the flora reserve over the hill from us. A fire like that can burn for weeks and flare up with the wind, so it's not over. So many beautiful plants and animals losing their lives and habitat too.Some of the most beautiful Australian terrestrial orchids are in bloom at the moment.Its' such an accumulative loss...good luck 2 U all

our planet needs us, we need it..
cheers musiclovers

it's a bit late but...merry christmas from smoke filled sydney!

we are still fighting fierce bushfires today - boxing day. yesterday was 36 degrees celsius...too hot for a xmas dinner.

I hope nobody is in any danger from the fires. i'm in the middle of the blue mountains / wollongong fires but not in any danger. the smell of smoke for the past 2 days is sickening. nearly 100 homes have been lost.
please say a prayer for all the families that watched their houses burn down on xmas day / boxing day. fires are still going....

hopefully it will be a 'happy new year'

------------------
'well...2 years and finally we make it down the end of the yellow brick road to sydney australia...' Bono Zoo TV

Back
Top Bottom