MERGED--> Zootv's Best Extra is a ........(All DVD Easter Egg directions)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
Zootv's Best Extra is a ........

Easter Egg

Wow , I had not seen the HM doc , now I did watch the 1st 9 min of it on Youtube , and wow it's amazing ........ Lots of great footage , a real cool montage of u2's history , and some great interviews .........

Now that's a gem specially for the new fans , who don't much about u2 in the 80's , Amazing Amazing Amazing

Loved it the 1st 9 min , now I'm wondering bout the rest

One question who has it full , in the beginning there's audio from the begin of the zoo show , tell me is more off zoo shows ?

I used to have the history mix on tape. It's actually from the Achtung Baby videos right?

I had it on tape because MTV used to show a U2 rockumentary which was nothing more than the Achtung Baby tape.

Yes, it's the History Mix from the Achtung Baby VHS. In fact, that easter egg has the three documentaries that were on that VHS and put them together as one 24 minute doc.
It seems it even has some additional footage (the U2 in the BBC radio studio) that wasn't on the VHS. I certainly can't remember it.

:up:

so is this easter egg really well hidden?
i haven't got the dvd yet, but i will when it comes out this week to bestbuy =)

The DVD set is a great addition to the U2 catalogue. 13 years was a long time for this to be released on DVD but they have made a good job of it. The 5.1 audio of the full concert certainly puts the original VHS stereo version firmly in the shade, in fact its on a different planet. The part of the concert from Dirty Day, Bullet, Running and into Streets sounds fantastic. The only thing I would have liked for them to do was include the full Zoo TV special that was originally aired in November 1992. They have included "tryin to throw your arms" and "Desire" from the special but thats all. That has never had a DVD release either and certainly is worthy of a full release, although you can get the unofficial version on DVD from torrent sites but it needs an official release with a top 5.1 sound mix. Still this Zoo tv release is worth every penny. How long till Popmart gets a proper release on DVD, thats another fantastic concert that needs a proper 5.1 sound mix. Hopefully soon.:wink:

Meghan said:
So, how do I find this easter egg? :hmm:

I just cannot seem to get pass the "ABORT" screen. :banghead:

ZooTV_DVD2_55_edited.jpg

The HM is pretty cool! david, if you remember correctly the HM/'rockumentary' is a tiny, tiny bit different from what was on the Acthung Baby: The Videos...etc. There's a great bit at the end of the AB: Videos, Cameos..in which the Edge is in a swamp somewhere owl watching or determing which breed of owl is hooting. Hilarious stuff!

J_NP get the DVD and find this easter egg, you won't be disappointed with this video.

Down Under said:
From the extras disc

At the top of the “U2” pole/antenna and click
ZooTV_DVD2_57_edited.jpg

Aim for the centre just near Bono’s right ear and click

ZooTV_DVD2_56_edited.jpg

OK...
:hmm:

I hope the remote of my DVD player can do this stuff...

Are these only present on the deluxe edition? Can someone tell me what the differences are between the two editions anyway? Sorry, didn't see it on the Amazon pages.

When you get to the ABORT screen press 1993 on your remote and you get the documentary from the AB video :cool:
Just by trying it out i found the solution :wink:

Kildare said:
Are these only present on the deluxe edition? Can someone tell me what the differences are between the two editions anyway? Sorry, didn't see it on the Amazon pages.

Standard edition: 1 DVD (in a plastic jewelcase)
Deluxe edition: 2 DVDs (in a digipack)

How To Get The Zootv Doc Easter Egg

i have just been told this but have yet to try it.

this is from U2Star:

When you're in the documentaries menu and go down with the cursor you'll find out you've got to press two times down to get from the trabantworld to the exit menu button. When you press down for the first time the cursor stays still. Press left and than enter. There will start another documentary for about 24 minutes long.

Re: How To Get The Zootv Doc Easter Egg

manwiththespinninhead said:
i have just been told this but have yet to try it.

this is from U2Star:

When you're in the documentaries menu and go down with the cursor you'll find out you've got to press two times down to get from the trabantworld to the exit menu button. When you press down for the first time the cursor stays still. Press left and than enter. There will start another documentary for about 24 minutes long.

I just tried it on my DVD player, and it's not working for me, the cursor goes down with one press (there's the subtitles option between Trabantland and Exit). :mad:

stardust3000 said:
It's the image of the nuclear weapons not the interference video sorry :grumpy:

Still...that one did work for me...it's a video, lasts a minute or two...

Man, Numb Kareoke is harder than I thought...

Okay, so I got Zoo TV today and I'm trying to get to the Easter Egg. So I tried on my computer and I can click it and get to the ABORT screen but when I type in 1993, nothing happens. (I have a Mac if that has to do with anything) So I went to try this on my DVD player and when I went to hit the yellow sign on Bono's Zoo TV mic, I wasn't able to even touch the yellow sign:huh:

Anyone else having this problem?

:banghead:

Re: How To Get The Zootv Doc Easter Egg

manwiththespinninhead said:
Press left and than enter. There will start another documentary for about 24 minutes long.

I haven't figured the menu part out yet, but I am able to watch the extra 25 minute documentary if I open the DVD in DVD Shrink.

this is so hard, i been trying to do it for a while now, its irratating, i gotta go to work..

why is it they had to hide the tracks, why couldnt they have just had them on the dvd already

my butt is killing me from sitting for the longest time trying to work the eggs. Finally I got two. Not even sure how I did it. Is there a third egg?

Back
Top Bottom