MERGED ---> ZOO TV intro question + ZooTV Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sboow

Babyface
ZOO TV intro question

On the first leg of ZOO TV, before the George Bush rap was used, didn't Bono do some sort Eastern-sounding chant as the intro to Zoo Station? What exactly was that?

:yes: I thought he was singing something in Gaelic.

Later, they'd use the "television, the drug of the nation" song.

Well hello,

The intro to Zoo Station was in fact sung in English but due to heavy treatments to the vocal it is hard to make out, but, it goes something like this:

Whooooooaaaaaaa, I could have lost you.
Woooooooaaaaaaa, I could have let you go.
Slipping through the cracks.
Slipping through the cracks.
Woooooooaaaaaaa.

Cue Edge!!

Hope this helps.

Peace.

Thanks! I always wondered what Bono was singing there. I am curious as to whether there is a source for that or if it just something Bono pulled out of the air.

Every time I hear that music, I get excited for Zoo TV all over again. It's like a knee-jerk reaction. :)

I love that intro too. Its like a U2 war chant or something. I wish and pray U2 let loose on this tour like ZooTV & Popmart.

I always thought it was this:

Whooooooaaaaaaa, I could erase you.
Woooooooaaaaaaa, I could have ?????.
To burn through glass.
To burn through glass.
Woooooooaaaaaaa.

I havent heard it in years though. Anyone else hear something more like this?

ZooTV Question

On the arena legs of ZooTV, what did Bono say right before they kicked into Zoo Station? All I can make out is ''I could have lost you..." and the rest is hard for me to understand

Why did they decide to stop doing that?

It was soooo awesome, especially on the ZooTV Stockholm boot:drool: :drool: :drool:

I always thought he said slipping through the crowd, but I have been using headphones to ruin my hearing a lot longer than most of you.

Back
Top Bottom