MERGED ----> ZOO TV DVD Hits Amazon + ZOO TV DVD info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WalkOn21 said:
The San Diego shows were pro-shot too, does anyone think they will have a DVD release?

The S.D. shows weren't captured the same way as Chicago or Milan. They were captured by the band/MTV for footage for news shows/EPK, etc...Not for a "released" type show.

Like you fools could film a concert better then Hamilton could. You may not like the style of fim making he does but he has done many concerts of other bands and nobody seems to complain about them as much as people do on this site.

It will be nice if Zoo TV comes out and that is a big if this concert has been rumoured to be coming out since DVD has been in existance and hasnt yet so I wont jump for joy until I see something official. The Milan DVD has a much better chance of coming out.

Ok this one doesnt only concern Zootv , but since this is the last DVD thread >

So theres now the New Ipod with the videos and all , so u2wanderer released what appears to be the final videos list of it , check out >

Until the End of the World (Sydney 1993)
Mofo (Mexico City 1997)
I Will Follow (Queen's University Belfast 1981)
God Part II (Sydney 1989)
Where the Streets Have No Name (Sydney 1993)
Beautiful Day (Boston 2001)
City of Blinding Lights (Milan 2005)

Save for B Day , pay attention to all of these videos , theres Milan which was our last talk and also the list Sydney show , until that ok , but isnt 'curious' that together with them as well theres a perfomance from the BBC Belfast show , the same atu2.com reported the band was after this footage which they could use after for a Box set , and theres also Mexico which together with sydney should been already released ... and finally we got what appears to be a video from the LT doc, lets not forget that until today there arent any official release of the Rattle and Hum tour ..... The point is , could this be a clue that a Box set is really on way ?

My idea is that could appear smething like this a 4 dvd set , -Milan - Sydney - Mexico - and a kind of 80s collection which would feature the BBC , the Lovetown ....

Last edited:
It would be great to see the Zoo TV Sydney show finally released. With Arms Around the World!!

Id like to see some songs that got cut from the original Zoo TV show to accomodate Zooropa too...like Wild Horses, Bad, Desire & Ultra Violet.

With regards to Vertigo Milan. The band might not want to release it just yet. That would be two tours in a row that two shows have gone to DVD. Might be an idea to release a few old shows first (Zoo TV, Popmart & Red Rocks) then release Milan in about 3 years.

Re: Re: ZOO TV DVD Hits Amazon

COBL_04 said:

I don't care about the price. I just want it. How about in Australia? If its Sept 18 for you guys, can we expect about half a year later? :wink:

Actually, I'd assume this is going to eventually (if true) be a world wide release, so we'd probably get a day before

theu2fly said:
HMMM.... Lovetown, God Part II? Possible DVD coming out?

I don't know...given the band's thoughts on that tour, would they release a DVD?

Maybe there might be a ZOO TV extra on Lovetown...with only the RAH songs.

OR a JT tour dvd coming

bono_man said:
Id like to see some songs that got cut from the original Zoo TV show to accomodate Zooropa too...like Wild Horses, Bad, Desire & Ultra Violet.

Nitpick: Wild Horses wasn't dropped because of Zooropa, it was dropped because they wanted to put "New Years Day" in the set and they felt they'd never been able to get WGRYWH just right.

u2.com:

ZOO TV On DVD

‘Zoo TV Live From Sydney’ is set for DVD release in September. As well as the legendary live show, now digitally remastered, the new release comes with a bonus DVD of live tracks, mini-documentaries and the inimitable ‘Video Confessional’. Details here.

Filmed at the Football Stadium in Sydney, Australia, in November 1993 - and now only available on something called VHS – the film is directed by David Mallet and produced by Ned O’Hanlon and Rocky Oldham. More on the background to the DVD release in the next few days, meantime, here’s the running order.

Disc One

Show Opening
Zoo Station
The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
One
Unchained Melody
Until The End Of The World
New Year’s Day
Numb
Angel Of Harlem
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Satellite Of Love
Dirty Day
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Daddy’s Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Lemon
With Or Without You
Love Is Blindness
Can’t Help Falling In Love

Disc Two
1. Bonus Tracks

1. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World
2. Desire
(both taken live from the Zoo TV Special, Yankee Stadium, New York, 29th and 30th August 1992)
3. The Fly
4. Even Better than the Real Thing
(both taken live from the Stop Sellafield Concert, G-Mex Centre, Manchester, 19th June 1992)

2. Documentaries
A Fistful of Zoo TV
Zoo TV - The Inside Story
Trabantland

3. Extras
Video Confessional
Numb Karaoke

:hyper:

ZOOTv: Sydney offical DVD Information

Got this from Universal Sweden yesterday

U2: Zoo TV – Live from Sydney
INTERNATIONAL RELEASE DATE: September 18 2006

SINGLE DISC VERSION
PAL: 006025 170 128-8 (2)
NTSC: tbc
Audio: tbc
Aspect Ratio: tbc
Packaging: tbc
DVD Type: 1 x DVD-9
Region: tbc
Rights: Worldwide
Total Running Time: tbc
Transfer Price: tbc
PPD: tbc

DELUXE DOUBLE DISC VERSION
PAL: 006025 170 129-2 (9)
NTSC: tbc
Audio: tbc
Aspect Ratio: tbc
Packaging: tbc
DVD Type: 1 x DVD-9 tbc
Region: tbc
Rights: Worldwide
Total Running Time: tbc
Transfer Price: tbc
PPD: tbc

MAIN CONTENT

Zoo Station; The Fly Even Better Than the Real Thing; Mysterious Ways; One; Unchained Melody; Until the End of the World; New Years Day; Numb; Angel of Harlem; Stay (Faraway, So Close!); Satellite of Love; Dirty Day; Bullet the Blue Sky; Running to Stand Still; Where the Streets Have No Name; Pride (In the Name of Love); Daddy’s Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car; Lemon; With or Without You; Love is Blindness; Can’t Help Falling in Love

DVD EXTRAS

Bonus Tracks
Trying To Throw Your Arms Around the World; Desire; The Fly; Even Better Than The Real Thing

Documentaries
A Fistful of Zoo TV; The Breaking of Wild Horses; Zoo TV – The Inside Story; Trabantland

Extras
Video Confessional; Numb Karaoke; DVD-Rom

DVD Contacts
Ian Brenchley, DVD Marketing Manager

Zoo TV DVD details

This was posted on atu2.com:

This just came from u2.com

ZOO TV On DVD

‘Zoo TV Live From Sydney’ is set for DVD release in September. As well as the legendary live show, now digitally remastered, the new release comes with a bonus DVD of live tracks, mini-documentaries and the inimitable ‘Video Confessional’. Details here.

Filmed at the Football Stadium in Sydney, Australia, in November 1993 - and now only available on something called VHS – the film is directed by David Mallet and produced by Ned O’Hanlon and Rocky Oldham. More on the background to the DVD release in the next few days, meantime, here’s the running order.

Disc One

Show Opening
Zoo Station
The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
One
Unchained Melody
Until The End Of The World
New Year’s Day
Numb
Angel Of Harlem
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Satellite Of Love
Dirty Day
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Daddy’s Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Lemon
With Or Without You
Love Is Blindness
Can’t Help Falling In Love

Disc Two
1. Bonus Tracks

1. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World
2. Desire
(both taken live from the Zoo TV Special, Yankee Stadium, New York, 29th and 30th August 1992)
3. The Fly
4. Even Better than the Real Thing
(both taken live from the Stop Sellafield Concert, G-Mex Centre, Manchester, 19th June 1992)

2. Documentaries
A Fistful of Zoo TV
Zoo TV - The Inside Story
Trabantland

3. Extras
Video Confessional
Numb Karaoke

So, what do you think? Good bonus disc or not? (Universal Sweden also reports a documentary called The Breaking of Wild Horses in the bonus section)

Last edited:
They couldn't dig up proshot Ultra Violet or WGRYWH for that bonuses section so that all the Achtung Baby regulars were included? (Hell, dig up Bad, ISHFWILF, and WLCTT and they could've included all of the ZooTV regulars full stop.)

Oh well, not that I care, I hate Ultra Violet and I won't be buying the DVD anyway.

I hope these documentaries arent' little 5 minute featurettes!
I want lengthy, detailed stuff about The Zoo!!! :scream:

Axver said:
They couldn't dig up proshot Ultra Violet or WGRYWH for that bonuses section so that all the Achtung Baby regulars were included? (Hell, dig up Bad, ISHFWILF, and WLCTT and they could've included all of the ZooTV regulars full stop.)

Thats what I'm talking about , from what I got , there will be 2 versions of Desire :eyebrow: and not even one of Ultraviolet .... besides other versions of Fly and Real Thing , and not Ultraviolet or Wild Horses :| :mad: Why U2 keep messing up with dvds . It seems like some good extras , but the live tracks are a complete disappointment . They should put a whole old encore , including WOWY with Edge on a Stratocaster , the solo and all , plus I still havent played acoustically and so many unique stuff.

I'm glad and excited with this but again , When Will U2 stop messin up with their DVDs .........

Who knows? the documentaries could be fantastico!
I suspect that at least one of them will be the promo film at the start of Zoo TV (some of which was used on the 'interference' video) and we have already seen 'Trabantland', it's on youtube if anybody missed it.

Back
Top Bottom