MERGED-->Will Milan ever be released publically?+Milan DVD whole thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exceptionally unlikely. As much as we'd all like to see it, it wouldn't make much commercial sense. They've already released one DVD from the tour (Chicago) and have another IMAX project on the way. I don't believe there's any way they think even U2 could sell three releases from the one tour. My guess is giving bits of Milan as a bonus to U218 is basically just to stopping the recording from being completely wasted.

But as for seeing the whole show, ya I'd say the odds are pratically none.

It's still a huge crime to be left without Stadium Electric Co

It also didn't make much commercial sense not just to release the Milan DVD (except to boost the sales of U218 among the hardcore fans that wouldn't have bought it without the deluxe edition like myself haha).

They released Slane and Boston from the Elevation tour, so why can't they do two DVDs with this tour also? To me, the IMAX movie doesn't really count, because it's not like people can buy it and watch it at home. Unless you have an IMAX screen in your house, you can only see it in the theater until it stops showing.

Will Milan ever be released publically?

And not just half of it to the fanclub or whatnot? Like an individual release? I'm watching Milan on DirectTV preview, and its...100x better than Chicago.

I was hoping we would get the remaining part as a new u2.com bonus gift, but instead we're getting audio of Sydney zoo tv show that nobody really cares for, unfortunately.

No - and that's fine with me. Next year we get the 3D Film - and after that this film on DVD. And it seems to become a very big production. So we get three official visual releases from the tour - that's more than I hoped for. I expecting a lot from the new film next year - finally no Hamilton and shots from different locations. YESSSS!!!! Milan I wachted some times and it like always with Hamilton-Movies one - five times watching it's pretty good than it becomes more worse every time. I don't have this with Rattle and Hum - this film I can watch hundreds of time and it's always wonderful. - and I don't mean the band I really only mean the directing and cutting.

I'm so depressed about this. Ever since attending the show I have looked forward to a full DVD release. It's almost unfair that the excellent versions of New Year's Day and Electric Co. will never see the light of day.

I highly doubt it. It would make no sense considering they've released footage on the new best of.

If it is, it'll be long after the band retires.

blueskyzg said:

You absolutely dont know what are u talking about.

Electric Co. on Stadium RULES!!!

Like whole Vertigo tour outdoors.

Mate that's what I was talkin bout :| :| :huh: :huh:

That the fact that we may end up without Eletric Co , coz in South America , they didn't play it , hence the fact if Milan doesn't come complete , we will lose the experience of having in home all that crazyness

In Fact Did anyone here didn't like it on the V Tour ?

Rachel D. said:
They released Slane and Boston from the Elevation tour, so why can't they do two DVDs with this tour also? To me, the IMAX movie doesn't really count, because it's not like people can buy it and watch it at home. Unless you have an IMAX screen in your house, you can only see it in the theater until it stops showing.

Well, most are assuming that the iMax film will be released on DVD in home viewing format.

blueskyzg said:

You absolutely dont know what are u talking about.

Electric Co. on Stadium RULES!!!

Like whole Vertigo tour outdoors.

You, my friend, need to learn about the importance of commas. :wink:

J_NP said:
No Stadium Electric Co is murder

You are so right!!!

The whole middle sequence of the song where bono walks out to the b-stage to meet edge and is screaming at him
'despite of my rage!'
'despite of my raaaaaagggggggeeeeee!!!'

it's the best thing I have seen live

I missed it so much in australia

I thought a petition brought up by fans and presented to Principle Management forced the release of U2 : GO Home Live from Slane Castle on DVD.

Wasn't the same thing done for Milan, or there just wasn't sufficient interest in it, compared to Slane ?

J_NP said:

Mate that's what I was talkin bout :| :| :huh: :huh:

That the fact that we may end up without Eletric Co , coz in South America , they didn't play it , hence the fact if Milan doesn't come complete , we will lose the experience of having in home all that crazyness

In Fact Did anyone here didn't like it on the V Tour ?

Ok, sorry then.

I don't like multiple cd's from one tour

people complain about the number of U2 best ofs (while they at least offer some new material) but instead should better focus on useless multiple dvd releases from 1 tour with maybe 3 - 5 different songs that already have been around for 15+ years

perrypickwick said:
No - and that's fine with me. Next year we get the 3D Film - and after that this film on DVD. And it seems to become a very big production. So we get three official visual releases from the tour - that's more than I hoped for. I expecting a lot from the new film next year - finally no Hamilton and shots from different locations. YESSSS!!!! Milan I wachted some times and it like always with Hamilton-Movies one - five times watching it's pretty good than it becomes more worse every time. I don't have this with Rattle and Hum - this film I can watch hundreds of time and it's always wonderful. - and I don't mean the band I really only mean the directing and cutting.
Actually Hamish Hamilton was involved during the 3D shoot of Buenos Aires. The other directors were only involved in the documentary stuff and stuff outside from the live songs. Check Willie's diary for a confirmation.

So we get Hamish on every U2 DVD release these years ;) And that's fine with me, Hamish is great.

OpperGoeroe said:

Actually Hamish Hamilton was involved during the 3D shoot of Buenos Aires. The other directors were only involved in the documentary stuff and stuff outside from the live songs. Check Willie's diary for a confirmation.

That`s just not true.
:eyebrow:

I read Willies Diary - he was not involved.

Habib said:
I thought a petition brought up by fans and presented to Principle Management forced the release of U2 : GO Home Live from Slane Castle on DVD.

Wasn't the same thing done for Milan, or there just wasn't sufficient interest in it, compared to Slane ?
Yes as far as I know a petition has been done for Milan DVD too

anyway the more I see the 60 minutes interview with Bono with bits of videos from the entire concert (Streets and SBS for example, which have not been part of the DVD) the more I keep asking myself why the hell they didn't release it in its whole :sad:
prolly a question without answer :sigh:

perrypickwick said:

That`s just not true.
:eyebrow:

I read Willies Diary - he was not involved.
Yes he was, they flew him in the days before the gig, he sure attended those gigs at least. Some fans even spoke to him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom