MERGED --> Why U2 hasnt made a new album in years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
waynetravis said:

"Because they are old and no one wants to buy their music anymore, except other old people, and they are too cheap to fork over for hard CD's."

Oh so i guess being 17 is old :wink:

lol i love bono! edge looked so cute

EdgeIsTooSexy said:

Oh so i guess being 17 is old :wink:

I'm 21, I should probably be checking out old folk homes before my 23rd birthday.

That reminds me, I need to cash my pension cheque on Wednesday :hmm:

Why U2 Hasn't Made a New Album in Years

As seen on TMZ

http://www.tmz.com/2007/10/01/why-u2-hasnt-made-a-new-album-in-years/

TMZ caught up with half of U2 over the weekend, and we may have gotten the scoop as to why the band hasn't produced a new album since 2004's "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb." Bono's terse but perfectly rational answer: "Edge has got to restring his guitars."

Judging from the rather giddy laughter that followed his answer, it's also possible that Bono was just joking, or speaking some wink-winky language only understood by Irish musicians.

As ever, The Edge -- David Howell Evans himself -- who joined Bono at the Clinton Global Initiative event, had very little to say about the matter.

That quick wit always keeps us on their toes.

Scrolled thru some of the comments, WHAT A MISTAKE. What is it with a lot of the posters on TMZ- they really are an angry, miserable bunch. They don't even deserve a response.

msdw59 said:

Cut and paste it! It looks like TMZ is one of those sites that doesn't let you hot link.

(Que Lastima! - what a pity)

http://www.tmz.com/2007/10/01/why-u2-hasnt-made-a-new-album-in-years/

But I cut and pasted the entire article, so there's no need to go to the site (unless you need to see it for yourself)

Thanks a lot! Yes, I know you posted the whole article (I still cannot believe the band actually made it to that site), but without going there we wouldn't be able to read all of those WONDERFUL comments. :wink:

Not sure, honestly, that's the first time ive ever been to that site. A co-worker of mine sent me the link this morning. Thought it was classic. lol And yes, the comments are really retarded, but to each their own. You cant help ignorance!

"Because Bozo err I mean Bono, has been too busy looking for more lame sunglasses. The glasses are non-prescription. He does it just because he thinks it looks cool.

Come on bro, you're two birthdays away from Keith Richards... Even he don't wear plastic post-cataract surgery AARP issue shades."

The comments are breaking my brain.

:laugh: good one, restring the guitar.

Interesting comment no. 57. I don't think the reply was that serious but good idea, anyway.

hillers said:
"Because Bozo err I mean Bono, has been too busy looking for more lame sunglasses. The glasses are non-prescription. He does it just because he thinks it looks cool.

Come on bro, you're two birthdays away from Keith Richards... Even he don't wear plastic post-cataract surgery AARP issue shades."

The comments are breaking my brain.

Of course, he couldn't possibly be wearing them to, you know, keep from getting blinded by flashes from cameras, now could he? Or, you know, for protection from the sun.

Nah; that almost makes sense, but there's something..not quite..right about it, you know?

Back
Top Bottom