MERGED -->Who else is still waiting for Propaganda? + what the hell? + Status?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Terri at Prop (USA office) told me it would be 4-6 weeks after Europe got theirs. As Prop hasn't even updated their website yet, I wouldn't even hold my breath for the US to get ours within 2002. Lame.

I would think after charging people however much for a membership, promising 4 issues within that membership plus ticket offers, etc.. they would provide more answers.

Curiously enough, the last published issue was #31. The current one is #33. Sounds like their skipping numbers and thinking no one will notice.

When people pay their money for something, they are at least entitled to answers or an update on the status of said publication's imminent arrival. Minimal answers thus far. :down:

HelloAngel, you are exactly right. Letting those people off the hook because "I'm just happy I got good tickets" is BS! If you paid money for something specific, you can be reasonable in expecting to get what was advertised!!

Ok, I'm done for now.

jvferrandiz said:
it's United statians , that should be the name.

That is so very George W!!!

P.S. Won't anyone ever tell him that the word is nuclear, and not nucular?

I saw the cover over at youtwo.net a couple of weeks back and noticed that it said "Volume 3 Issue 3." This is where the whole issue #33 thing is coming from. A printing error. It should read Volume 2, not 3.

and to think it was a Englshman who gave the phrase "United States Of America" (note, the phrase, not the name America!)

Good old :bow: Thomas Paine!

In 1774, Paine emigrated to America. At this time the people there were preparing for Independence, which was formally declared in, 1776 July 04.

Paine became an influential writer. He became famous for his pamphlet, "Common Sense", and is credited for coined the name 'United States of America'. He was a good friends with Benjamin Franklin and George Washington.

Yer may of got your independence but theres still some Britishness in your name !
:lol:

Statesian???? bet poor old Thomas Paine is turning in his grave!

History lesson over for today kids :crazy:

Last edited:
*wonders if it will ever come to Canada......

edit--> just scanned over the pdf file.... that is one magazine I want to get my hands on. :ohmy: beeeeeautiful! :heart:

Last edited:
Nothing here in Florida, either. :mad:

Sad, really. I would have hoped that they could have at least posted a message on the Prop site.

When $$ has been paid, an explanation is deserved.

Perhaps some of you should email Prop and let them know that you'd like some more information. :shrug:

Don't be surprised. I live in Europe ( Slovenia ) and I don't have it yet...

tincek

Is this still going to be the last issue ever? (www.atu2.com at a big article a few months ago about the shutting down of Prop to focus on U2.com)

As far as I've heard - the companies/departments that run Prop and U2.com have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Yes, both are related to U2 as a band, but U2.com is a completely different monster.

Prop's imminent demise is most likely tied to money woes.

U2.com does not have money woes.

What's funny is U2 not ponying up more money to keep Prop, their own fanclub publication, in print. One would think U2 would help save the publication.

It's all very interesting.

How much did i waste on propaganda?? i subscribed to it in December and remeberd how much money it cost$$$, it was more than most magazines!! UGH!!! this is getting me very mad. they should send us our money back or somthing rare. UGH!!!

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

fritz

It has to do with legs.

Perhaps this is some kind of Karmic Retribution for the U.S. getting so many U2 shows last year compared to the rest of the world. Europe and co. will get 2-3 more issues of Prop before we see the magazine again in the U.S.

Re: It has to do with legs.

Hewson said:
Perhaps this is some kind of Karmic Retribution for the U.S. getting so many U2 shows last year compared to the rest of the world. Europe and co. will get 2-3 more issues of Prop before we see the magazine again in the U.S.

:yes:

(This is a really funny post!)

Back
Top Bottom