MERGED ----> Which u2 songs have made you cry? + It Takes A Crown To Cry...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WithOrWithoutYo

The Fly
Which u2 songs have made you cry?

Come on ... fess up! Which songs have gotten you blubbing, if any at all. Mine:

All Because of You (when they did it
live outside TOTP)

With Or Without You

Streets

Bad

Running To Stand Still

... that's all I can think of, really.

What a wuss!

WOWY

Running to Stand Still
Yahweh
SYCMIOYO
ISHFWILF
WOWY
One
Bad

I'm really bad about it.

Oh, and Miami almost made me cry because I hate it. :sexywink:

One Step Closer.

I think I also may have shed tears to One/MOTD in Chile and One Tree Hill on Lovetown.

More than I'd care to admit...! I guess I'm the emotional type of guy, over here, cuz this list is composed of only the songs which REGULARLY get me all weepy and the like.

"Bad"
"Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own"
"With Or Without You"
"One"
"Kite"
"All I Want Is You"
"Stay (Faraway, so close!)"
"Dirty Day" (it reminds me of happier days...!)

Yeah...there it is. In case anybody's interested, the most heart-breaking song of ALL TIME is "If You See Her, Say Hello" by Bob Dylan on one of his many masterpieces--Blood On The Tracks . Beck's "Guess I'm Doing Fine" is another killer...from a great album of his from 2002--Sea Change . I love sad songs; what can I say...?

The Unforgettable Fire: I don't know why, but as a kid that song always made me really, really sad. I would cry everytime I heard it practically. I can't listen to it now cuz it still makes me cry :huh:

One: The song is just so feckin beautiful, I've probably cried to it before...but the time I am thinking of was a month or so ago. I had just found out the day before my dad and stepmon were getting divorced, and I was watching the Slane DVD...when they played One I teared up on the outside...but on the inside I was sobbing.

The Ground Beneath Her Feet: Again, a beautiful song... this was a circumstance thing. I listened to this song a LOT during a bad time in my life, and I cried to it numerous times. So beautiful.

Wake Up Dead Man: Again relating to said bad time. I remember a time when I just listened to this song on repeat for hours, crying...

Stay (So Close, So Farway!): I don't wanna bring up bad memories or point anyone out so I'll just say someone posted something about this song (that's very vague I know but I don't wanna upset said person), and then when I listened to the song I couldn't help but start crying.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own: I haven't actually CRIED to this song, but the line "a house doesn't make a home/don't leave me here alone" makes me tear up.

There are prolly others...some probably make me cry cuz they're so GOOD :D

Crumbs From Your Table is bloody killing me. It's not just the reference to Africa, :sad: that too - but something entirely different, also. They have always done this to me. Referenced my life lyrically. :cool:
It's my favorite so far off HTDAAB. Everything about Bono's voice and lyrics and the full measure of the song is just tugging at my heart..:hug:

AtomicBono said:

Stay (So Close, So Farway!): I don't wanna bring up bad memories or point anyone out so I'll just say someone posted something about this song (that's very vague I know but I don't wanna upset said person), and then when I listened to the song I couldn't help but start crying.

Oh, man...I be a lot of people, whether they've heard the song or not, could have a "Stay" story. I hate to drudge this up (I doubt anybody wants to hear it and I guess I don't really even wanna' acknowledge it), but it's quite relevant...

The last words I said to my fiance' when she left me for another man were, "If you shout, I'll only hear you." She said, "I know...but I can't stay." And that was it...

Boy...some rough times, you know? Very sad stuff. We fell in love to U2 and she's always with me when I listen to anything--makes it VERY tough to keep loving the band, sometimes...just hurts so much...

I'm glad that there are new songs for me to now make new memories to. Even if they remind me of the past, now it's the present--a slightly better feeling...!

With or Without You
Where the Streets Have No Name
Maybe Wake Up Dead Man
Please
Peace On Earth
Kite
A Day Without Me maybe

:):);)

If God Will Send His Angels, at the time, I wasn't a huge U2 fan, but a friend lend me his Pop cd, and when the song came through I just burst into tears, pretty fucked up time in my life, only song that's ever made me cry.

In Order of Tendency to Make Me Cry:

1. Please - every single time
2. If God Will Send His Angels - almost every single time
3. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - consistently
4. Running to Stand Still - used to be worse; I'm getting used to it
5. Wake Up Dead Man - when I'm in the right mood it still does
6. Tomorrow - again, depends on my mood
7. Mothers of the Disappeared - another one I've gotten used to
8. One - not very often but sometimes

:sad:

It Takes A Crown To Cry

U2 have always made very emotional music to me, and there are many songs I have cried to, however with HTDAAB, U2 have outdone themselves with me.

I am a 28 y/o man with a soft spot for sure, but also a bit of a thick skin. There are a whopping songs that have made me choke up or cry on this album. Yes, I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I'm also profoundly amazed at the gift these four men share with the world. So, of all places I thought I could share my feelings here. Please don't rip me too hard!!!

Vertigo - Choked (how to kneel...)
MD - Tears
SYCMIOYO - Balling
LPOE - Choked (Edge's solo)
COBL - Tears
ABOY - Choked (I want back inside...)
OSC - Choked Tears
OOTS - Joyful Tears
Yahweh - Tears of Salvation, humility, and Joy

***edited to say I meant to post this in the cry thread.. sorry

Last edited:
Re: It Takes A Crown To Cry

elfyx said:
U2 have always made very emotional music to me, and there are many songs I have cried to, however with HTDAAB, U2 have outdone themselves with me.

I am a 28 y/o man with a soft spot for sure, but also a bit of a thick skin. There are a whopping songs that have made me choke up or cry on this album. Yes, I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I'm also profoundly amazed at the gift these four men share with the world. So, of all places I thought I could share my feelings here. Please don't rip me too hard!!!

MD - Tears
SYCMIOYO - Balling
COBL - Tears
OSC - Choked Tears
OOTS - Joyful Tears

***edited to say I meant to post this in the cry thread.. sorry

new age girly man

Re: Re: It Takes A Crown To Cry

Please refrain from name-calling. It goes against the rules here.

Miracle Drug (although only heard it once, had me diving for my shades to hide my tears

Where the Streets have no name (Live)

Please

Gloria - crying due to uncontrollable laughter. The video clip sends me to tears! Funniest thing of all time!

Kite
One
Miracle drug
With of without you (a certain live-version)

Songs didn't use to make me cry. Kite was actually the first one that did, and now I cry a lot more during songs... Weird. :D

elfyx said:

MD - Tears
SYCMIOYO - Balling
COBL - Tears
OSC - Choked Tears
OOTS - Joyful Tears

this was the scene when i had my first listen to the new songs last week too. it was an intensely emotional hour for me, and i'm glad i was alone, hiding in my room.

elfyx, the ladies love a man who's not afraid to shed a few tears. nothing to be ashamed of.

:up: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom