MERGED ---> What if they went seperate ways? + If Bono goes solo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theblazer

The Fly
What if they went seperate ways?

What do you think would have become of the Edge and Bono had they seperated before U2 hit their primetime? How would the Edge's musical career have gone, what would have been his next band? How about Bono? How would his single career go?

I don't think any of them would have had a career if they weren't together. These weren't studio musicians who happened to come into the same band, they got started as teenagers in high school when Larry put up the ad. Paul McGuiness did a wonderful job promoting them until their work and their name could speak for themselves. If not for U2, and the friendship of those 4 boys, and the management of Paul, there would be no U2. They wouldn't have had careers in music seperately for that reason.
A tribute to a magnificint manager :bow:
paul.jpg

i agree. without sounding cheesy, it's the five of them together that make the band work. separate them, and you'd more than likely have five unsuccessful people.

If Bono goes Solo

I think Bono will go solo and record an album at some point maybe right after this next tour. We've all heard his duets with other artists and it's obvious he can pull it off in the likes of Sting and Peter Gabriel. Lot's of us will go see him so he'll easily sell out a tour and make bucketloads of moola. Now the question is who would the B-Man use in his band both on the record and on tour ? I think Edge will play on a song here and there but the whole point of solo is to go on your own so i don't think the other members would play on the project but that's just my opinion, who do YOU guys think would play on his record as guest appearances and permanent members ? :eyebrow:

Last edited:
KhanadaRhodes said:
i'm merging the two because they're just too similar, since they're both about wondering what certain band members would do if the band broke up.

Sorry but my thread was not about the band breaking up it's about if Bono records a solo album and hits the road who he would have in his project. A band doesn't have to break up for someone to do solo stuff, Beyonce went solo and is now recording a new album with Destinys Child.

Why is there so much moderation at interference ? It's like you have to walk on eggshells before you decide to post something.

U2Kitten said:
If not for U2, and the friendship of those 4 boys, and the management of Paul, there would be no U2. They wouldn't have had careers in music seperately for that reason.

:yes: I wouldn't mind them doing the occasional solo project, but they are much better together than apart. The chemistry is perfect, the feelings are genuine, everything works beautifully. The whole is truly greater than the sum of its parts. :)

Re: What if they went seperate ways?

theblazer said:
What do you think would have become of the Edge and Bono had they seperated before U2 hit their primetime? How would the Edge's musical career have gone, what would have been his next band? How about Bono? How would his single career go?

I've kinda thought about something similar to that, too...that, and every time I hear these New Wave bands on VH1 Classic and things like that...I always wonder...if U2'd left their band name as Feedback, or as The Hype, two band names which sounds rather New Wavish, like a lot of the names of the New Wave bands of that time, do you guys think they'd still have become as big as they did? Or do you guys think they would've faded into oblivion...and if they did, where would they be now?

Thankfully, though, none of that happened. I think it's awesome that they're so dedicated to each other like this. Yeah, Bono's gone off and done a few duets and stuff, but I don't think he'd ever dream of starting a solo career...he's too close to the other three to ever think of doing that, I think.

Angela

The original thread, by theblazer, asked what would they have done if they had never met. That is different than what they'd do now if they went solo.

My post was in response to theblazer's post which is why I said what I did. If I were answering if they'd go solo now or what they'd do, it would be a different answer. I do believe if not for U2 happening the way it did none of them would be famous today, so if they had never met, we'd never have heard of them. They were not musicians, just teenage boys with a dream and ony Larry could even play when they met. That's what I mean.

jick said:
He should go with Bon Jovi and Avril Lavigne.

Cheers,

J

oh my goodness i hope you are joking. i don't "dislike" that many musicians. either i like um, respect um, or just don't care about um, but if i had to make a list of ones i didn't like, those two would be at the top of my list. followed closly by scott stap and good charlot.

im sorry if i have hurt anyones feelings but i was already in a bad mood on acount of this discussion.

i don't think it will ever happen. nope. never. noooo. don't think so. couldn't . nah ah. no way.

zooperson said:

oh my goodness i hope you are joking. i don't "dislike" that many musicians. either i like um, respect um, or just don't care about um, but if i had to make a list of ones i didn't like, those two would be at the top of my list. followed closly by scott stap and good charlot.

im sorry if i have hurt anyones feelings but i was already in a bad mood on acount of this discussion.

i don't think it will ever happen. nope. never. noooo. don't think so. couldn't . nah ah. no way.

Of course it was a joke. :)

Cheers,

J

I think Adam needs to do an album of Buzzcocks covers.

Very random thought because I'm listening to the Buzzcocks at the moment.

But wouldn't it be amusing to hear our dear bassist take the mic and sing classics like 'Why Can't I Touch It?', 'Ever Fallen In Love?" and of course, "ah-ah-ah-Orgasm Addict"?

yertle-the-turtle said:
I think Adam needs to do an album of Buzzcocks covers.

Very random thought because I'm listening to the Buzzcocks at the moment.

But wouldn't it be amusing to hear our dear bassist take the mic and sing classics like 'Why Can't I Touch It?', 'Ever Fallen In Love?" and of course, "ah-ah-ah-Orgasm Addict"?

oh my gosh. i was so just listing to the buzzcocks while i was cleaning.

that would be halorious. Adam: "well you tried it jus for once, found it alright for kicks, then you soon found that it's a habbit that sticks, and your an OR-GASIM addict! your an OR-GASIM addict!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom