MERGED-->WHat channel is the React Now concert on TV?+and they played LOVE AND PEACE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Can you say "Red Light"?

U2 have recorded some pretty shitty songs themselves. ;)

Actually, now that I've learnt to block out the annoying "dah dah dah" women at the start and managed to laugh at Bono's poor singing, I've come to enjoy that song.

And even if I still had the attitude towards it that I used to have, it's the best song ever when compared to the aforementioned Big And Rich tune.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

fix you... which is an obvious rip off of u2, because u2 has lots of songs where the lead singer plays an organ. [/sarcasm]

dude that song was clearly ripping off U2, did you notice they had red lights? U2 totally owns the colour red. No one else can use it.

Axver said:

I refuse to give the time of day to the band who recorded the second-worst song in history (specifically Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy).

And how do you know my tastes aren't diverse?
I'm sure they are. My comment was meant in a joking way, but I can see how it didn't come across that way. I should have added a smiley!

I actually like Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy. It's not bad as far as gimmicky songs go. Have you ever heard the rest of their cd? Most of it is not like Save a Horse. They use some rock, some country and some gospel influences. Overall the cd is pretty good, in my opinion anyway.

By the way, what's the worst song in history (in your opinion)?

AtomicBono said:

dude that song was clearly ripping off U2, did you notice they had red lights? U2 totally owns the colour red. No one else can use it.

and while we're at it i'd like to give eddie vedder some grief for taking his jacket off durring given to fly... that's an obvious bono move. bono invented the jacket.

added a few song titles

Alicia Keys
Kid Rock-Sweet Home Alabama with Skynyrd
Kelly Clarkson
Green Day-Wake Me When September Ends
Rolling Stones-Waiting on a Friend
John Mayer
David Banner
Rob Thomas-Time After Time
Buckwheat Zydeco
Coldplay-Fix You
Big and Rich
Trent Reznor-Hurt
Sheryl Crow
Bon Jovi
U2 Love and Peace Or Else
Common
Beck
Neville Brothers
Chris Carrabba
Pearl Jam-Given To Fly
Jewel
3 Doors Down

Axver said:

I refuse to give the time of day to the band who recorded the second-worst song in history (specifically Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy).

I've never heard the song, so I don't know if it's good or bad, but the song title is great! :yes:

Great, tonight would be the night I find two people who like Red Light. :p Tough room.

I also love Babyface, The Wanderer and Miami:wink:

Zootomic said:

I'm sure they are. My comment was meant in a joking way, but I can see how it didn't come across that way. I should have added a smiley!

Ah, OK. No hard feelings! :)

I actually like Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy. It's not bad as far as gimmicky songs go. Have you ever heard the rest of their cd? Most of it is not like Save a Horse. They use some rock, some country and some gospel influences. Overall the cd is pretty good, in my opinion anyway.

By the way, what's the worst song in history (in your opinion)?

I honestly haven't heard any of their other songs - after hearing Save A Horse, I decided I didn't really want to! That song's a lot of things I don't like in music, heh.

But it can't even compete with one particular song for title of Worst Ever. There's no competition if you ask me - Kelis's My Neck, My Back. I couldn't even read half of the lyrics of the explicit version.

indra said:

I've never heard the song, so I don't know if it's good or bad, but the song title is great! :yes:
Plus, the video is awesome! You'd think it would be hard to get a 6'6" black cowboy rapper and a dwarf and cheerleaders in the same video, but Big & Rich pulled it off.

Great, tonight would be the night I find two people who like Red Light. :p Tough room.

I like Red Light fine...

The only two U2 songs I don't like are:

Drowning Man (good thing they didn't play that, for many reasons!)

and A Man & A Woman

10 years ago I didn't like The Ocean, but it grew on me...

Back
Top Bottom