MERGED---> Was the album name chosen for a reason?+ "How to dismantle..." why this ti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orgilion

Babyface
"How to dismantle..." why this title?

Can anyone figure out why this Cd is titled ""How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb"?

:rolleyes:

Again with the title analysis eh? You should have been around when the forum was getting a new title rumor every day, and then all the people asking this exact question when the title was confirmed.

It was crazy! CRAZY I say! :crack:

I think the consensus of most people who's opinions I read is that the title is sort of alluding to the problems in the world today (symbolized by an atomic bomb), and that this music is trying to conquer this evil and find the good in the world.

How do you dismantle this atomic bomb which is our society today?

With this music, and with our message!
Bono said the message was love.:sad:

When the real Edge posted here, he answered this. He said they wanted something profound and deeply philosophical.
Actually, 'she' said it.

Of course this entire reply is clearly full of bullshit.
:up:

The album dismantles the atomic bomb. I came out of it feeling dismantled, in a relieved and rejuvenated sense.

'We must become the change we want to see in the world ' - Ghandi

I think the opening of the book sums it up, Ghandi overcome the Brittish army through peace and patience, thats 'How to dismantle an atomic bomb'

Originally the album's title was to refer to exactly the message that Needle_Chill mentioned, but in the intervening years, the album's title became something more.

It began to describe the inner turmoil (the atomic bomb) that was going on inside Bono and was READY TO EXPLODE after the loss of his da.

Bono started to focus not so much on the bigger issues in the world, but on his own inner world and how he was going to defuse his anger, his disappointment, his sense of extreme loss with the passing of his da.:sad:

So the songs he wrote described one's inner world of hopes and dreams and the search for Love and meaning - ultimately Bono's search to find God in the midst of his own inner struggles.

What emerged is over 11 songs/psalms (including the outtakes) of MAGNIFICENT DEPTH AND FEELING which can help all of us to begin to diffuse the atomic bombs inside ourselves.:yes:

And by doing this, we create a more peaceful and loving place in our hearts that spreads to the entire world.

Hope this helps. Great thread idea (again). :wink:

YOUR LOVE IS TEACHING ME HOW TO KNEEL....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

wow, bono seems to be bringing out the poet in yet another . . .
Jamila makes a very good point that "what emerged . . . can help us all begin to diffuse the atomic bombs deep inside ourselves"
the main reason that I love U2 is just that, their songs help us deal with problems and celebrate the good times!

on johnathan woss lol! Bono said it means how to dismantle thee atomic bomb! discribing bonos pain and loss of his dad! or along those lines

the atomic bomb is actually the atomic bob, the title refers to bono's father. in the book that they've released with the limited edition you can see a caricature of bob hewson and "how to dismantle the atomic bob" is written there. the title may also refer to any politician, moral sense, but most of all it's about bob

thank you, firstlove, for your comments.

glad you liked them. :wink:

you are not the first person to make the observation of how the b-man brings out the poet in moi. it's like there's a cosmic connection between our souls.

at least, i would like to think so. :angel:

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Was the album name chosen for a reason?

I jsut had a random thought, that perhaps they used the name 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb' as a reference on how this would album do...

It would either...
1. Explode into something successful
2. Be called a dud, a bomb and unsuccessful, at a possible hint that U2 was gone for so long creating a new album, that by the time they delievered new material, they would have been labeled 'outdated'

Coincedence?

While your idea is probably just coincidence to why U2 picked the title to HTDAAB, it's an interesting thought.

Thanks for posting it.

YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING I CAN FEEL....:larry: :adam: :edge: :hug: :bono: :love:

Angela Harlem said:
When the real Edge posted here, he answered this. He said they wanted something profound and deeply philosophical.
Actually, 'she' said it.

Of course this entire reply is clearly full of bullshit.
:up:

What Edge isnt a girl? :shocked:

Back
Top Bottom