MERGED-->Vote for Bono as Time Person of the Year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They do non-people all the time. In 1982, it was the computer. And just last year, they picked George W. Bush.

Bono is in second place behind Mother Nature, the only one close...well they do say he is close to God. :wink:

i hope we can only vote once :| it seems like a lot of polls involving Bono/U2 suddenly get flooded by a ton of U2 fans and the result isn't exactly 'realistic'. :ohmy:

didn't TIME have "Endangered Mother Earth" as person of the year in, like, 1990?

it should be Mother Nature.

Katrina was the beginning of the end of the Bush presidency, and the Tsunami was a global catastrophe of biblical proportions.

and, sadly, no one even talks about the Pakistan earthquale. :|

Vote for Bono!!! Mother Nature - What kind of inspiring story would that be???? GO BONO. GO BONO!

OK my computer must be screwed up because I could have sworn the poll just said J.K.Rowling was ahead with 58% of the votes. Please tell me I'm mistaken. :huh: Hairy Pooter is the most important thing? I don't liXes that at all.

Oh FFS. JK Rowling IS winning. By a considerable margin. Trust her whiny little pre-teen fans to crawl out of the woodwork just when Bono was catching up. Don't get me wrong, I like JK Rowling and I like her books, but she is nowhere near the most important person of 2005.

Just thinking about what Bono has said about himself recently in the rolling stone magazine , how some people are sick of hearing about him, he says, "I'm sick of Bono". I can't help but think that he's flattered by being mentioned for Time magazine, the Nobel Peace Price and such, but probably would prefer not to have more attention drawn to him again.
After all, he knows he's man of the year to thousands of us already, don't need a magazine cover to let him know that. He'd rather have our attention focused on the issues that matter to him.

I see JK Rowling at 58% and Bono at 16% (in second). Looks like a landslide. U2 fans of the world must unite!!! (Can we vote more than once :hmm: )

Lila64 said:
I see JK Rowling at 58% and Bono at 16% (in second). Looks like a landslide. U2 fans of the world must unite!!! (Can we vote more than once :hmm: )

Not to worry, kids. Remember, editors are the ones who make the final decisions as to what goes into a magazine. And they make their decisions based on more than a web poll.

And the Time Person of the Year poll site now has three letters from people who say Bono should be Person of the Year. :up:

(Not only did I vote for Bono, I filled in the comment form and stated my own little case for Bono as Time's Person of the Year.)

Last edited:
JK Rowling in the lead?!?!?! Harry Potter came out like 10 years ago!

I was tempted to vote for Google, b/c I think it might be the best answer, but my loyalty lies with Bono :D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
JK Rowling in the lead?!?!?! Harry Potter came out like 10 years ago!

I was tempted to vote for Google, b/c I think it might be the best answer, but my loyalty lies with Bono :D

I think we know what the Rowling family has been doing all day.

I can see her kids now....

"Mom, can't we stop clicking yet?"

"No, if you do your nose will fall off and you will forever live inside a pumpkin."

(a weak attempt at some sort of Potter humor from someone that hasn't read one of them)

buahahaha, bono and mother nature were tied for the lead yesterday

somehow i think there are a lot of harry potter geeks on the internet who have no life and have been voting all day

bono and mother nature were tied at 28% yesterday, with rowling having like 2%! now rowling has 61%!

:nerd:

Chizip said:
buahahaha, bono and mother nature were tied for the lead yesterday

somehow i think there are a lot of harry potter geeks on the internet who have no life and have been voting all day

We need to unite all the U2 geeks to do the same! just instead of posting on interference, vote for bono (or at least someone better like google or that crazy-eyed mother nature)

~A.j.~

Kids know more about how to play with computer polls more than we do.. My kid just told me to delete the cookies in temporary file folder, refresh the poll page & voila!! You can vote again. Those Harry Potter kids are clever....

I do not think J.K. Rowling winning would be unheard of. Book VI came out this year and sold 7 million copies in its first day in the US alone. And what is really amazing is that she did something that hardly anyone else could do - she got kids to read! Not only read, but be extremely excited about 700 and 800 page books. That is absolutely incredible. She deserves more credit than she gets. Obviously she is making an obscene amount of money, but I don't think enough people appreciate that she is making a real contribution.

I voted for ...

j8cov1101020304c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom