MERGED-->Vertigo was just played on CSI+Vertigo on CSI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie2000

Refugee
Vertigo was just played on CSI

I guess whoever got the information was off by a week. A small clip of Vertigo was played during the opening part of CSI (whether it went well with the sex party scene is still undecided).

Vertigo on CSI

Did anyone else here Vertigo on CSI??? Don't you just love it when U2 pops up where you least expect them!

I loved the song, it was weird hearing it in the middle of a swingers party, though....

its gonna be ages till we get that here in the UK probably
:grumpy:

For the first minute or so it was without vocals, and sounded more like just some undertones and few chords here and there. I had to really make sure it was indeed Vertigo and added the words myself before the last chorus kicked in with vocals.

romi said:
I loved the song, it was weird hearing it in the middle of a swingers party, though....

I thought it was weird too. Wonder what the band thinks? How does a song actually make it on a network series? Did U2 get paid? I understand U2 and the Apple/iPod connection but not the U2 and sex party connection.

hotpepper said:

I thought it was weird too. Wonder what the band thinks? How does a song actually make it on a network series? Did U2 get paid? I understand U2 and the Apple/iPod connection but not the U2 and sex party connection.

I think they must see it as free advertising. :shrug:

U2 songs have been used on TV shows forever. Heck, I remember a few Friends episodes that used U2 songs (one was WOWY). This practice isn't new, and is no indication that U2 are selling out ;)

gorman said:
U2 songs have been used on TV shows forever. Heck, I remember a few Friends episodes that used U2 songs (one was WOWY). This practice isn't new, and is no indication that U2 are selling out ;)

I know that U2 songs have been on TV shows forever. This time though the scene was just so raunchy that it was kinda shocking. This episode of CSI was no Friends. My question about the practice was in regards to who decides which shows get to use the songs. For all we know, U2 songs will start showing up in COPS.

Back
Top Bottom