MERGED-->Vertigo to be played Friday @ 8:20 am!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am listening right now to see if they mention it. The DJ just said he has received a bunch of emails asking if they are going to play it, his response:
"as far as I know I am going to be playing it, so tune in at 8.20 tomorrow morning"

Cool!

i emailed him, haven't gotten a reply, but i guess him saying that on air was enough of a reply as i (we) need. i can't wait.

I'm listening on line right now, I e-mailed him this morning (UK time) a couple of minutes later he said on air that he's recieved about 25 emails about it, he then confirmed today (16 September 2004!) that he will play it tomorrow at 8.20am. It's looking good Oz.

Oooh, this is good news.

Just so I don't have to go looking (I'm REALLY lazy, I know), what's the link to listen online?

This is great news for me! He seems very defininate! Piss off Universal and let him play the damn song lol! This will really screw up my Vertigo countdown, but I'll make an exception in this case. I just pray this is true!

GO VERTIGO GO!!

yer am in liverpool and heard him say he's playing it tomoorow...shall record online and on tape from stereo...mp3 anyone fancy???

You might find that some of the smaller stations might play it to generate the hype a bit more, create word of mouth or something. Just one off plays before the 'offical' playing next week. This just may well be another piece of the U2 hype machine.

Great, thanks for the link Lo-Fi! Really looking forward to (hopefully) hearing this one! I'll go practice recording for the big event now ...

EdgeVox said:
so how many hours is that from now? (I'm in central time it's 3am here)

I think that'll be 2.20am CT for you tomorrow then, you're gonna have to stay up late!

oh shit , I thought you meant this coming 8am.........oh nevermind (maybe I should be sleeping and recovering....) thanks anyways y'all

AussieU2fanman said:
almost exactly 24 hours. How do i listen, i click on the listen live function, but it donwloads an 'asf' file and it won't play. What program do i need?

I'm playing it through windows media player Oz, try it through that.

Axver said:
Great, thanks for the link Lo-Fi! Really looking forward to (hopefully) hearing this one! I'll go practice recording for the big event now ...

No problem my man, if you get it recorded my man you'll need to e-mail it to me ASAP!

i bet there will be hundreds of people recording it and posting here at the same time. it will be hard to find the best quailty clip from all the mp3s that will be uploaded. anyone have an idea how we can just pick the best mp3.

hes just said he's playing it again,thats twice this morning(thurs 16th) hes mentioned it on tomorrow 8:20.....liverpool! best music in the world!

Lo-Fi said:

No problem my man, if you get it recorded my man you'll need to e-mail it to me ASAP!

I'm practicing my recording now and I'm getting results that sound exactly the same as the quality of the feed I'm receiving, so I'm hoping that if they play Vertigo, I'll get a really good MP3 (actually WMA) that I can send on to you. What is your e-mail address?

nuke126 said:
THE DJ JUST SAID THEY'LL PLAY IT TOMORROW he keeps saying it

... when? I've been listening to it for about five minutes and I've only had one song and about four ads. Oh, hang on, there were some traffic announcements - did he say it before that? I had the volume muted then so I could listen to the quality of one of my recording tests.

Axver said:

I'm practicing my recording now and I'm getting results that sound exactly the same as the quality of the feed I'm receiving, so I'm hoping that if they play Vertigo, I'll get a really good MP3 (actually WMA) that I can send on to you. What is your e-mail address?

lofi.landscape@gmail.com thanks man, I'd appreciate that.

Back
Top Bottom