MERGED-->Vertigo NOT to be played on radio tomorrow.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Vertigo NOT to be played on radio tomorrow.

Bad news everyone.

The DJ at the radio station in Liverpool just announced that he had his dates mixed up and he will NOT - repeat, WILL NOT - be playing Vertigo tomorrow. He will, however, be playing it at 8:15-8:20am local time on 24 September. He says NO-ONE will have it before that date.

I have a short clip of him saying this. He went on to say more but I accidentally stopped it.

Sorry to bring bad news. Sigh. I was really looking forward to this too.

Vertigo NOT To Played To Next Friday.

Kev Seed of City Radio has confirmed he will not be playing the song now, the radio station has mixed up their dates! so it looks like another week in the trenches people!

I'm now taking bets on how soon this thread will be merged with mine! :wink:

Thanks for the clip, nuke.

Lo-Fi said:
Yep, we're neck and neck right now with replys as well!

You competitive bugger, haha!

Lo-Fi said:
Thought I'd pop over and have a look at your thread, looks similar to mine!

They must be twins. On three: one, two, three, awwww!

AussieU2fanman said:
lol how obsessed are we? We are listening to clips of a DJ announcing that they won't be playing Vertigo! I've looped it about 5 times!

HA! I found it too painful to listen to, so I removed it from my playlist after a single listen and returned to the leak of LAPOE. Made me feel a little better.

Wow, that's really sad, feeling physically hurt.

Originally posted by Lo-Fi
Must have been seperated at birth!

Yes, just waiting for an Interference mod to put them back together again!

Yes, just waiting for an Interference mod to put them back together again! [/B][/QUOTE]

Your twin appears to be more popular than mine!

Alas, it looks as if U2 have figured out how to keep a tight lid on everything until they want us to hear it. Let's just hope that they may give us a little bit of Vertigo going into the final 7 days, come on U2.com give throw us a frickin' bone here. We just want to hear a little clip without the sea and Spanish guys blabbering all over the top of it!

Lo-Fi said:
Your twin appears to be more popular than mine!

It is clearly the evil twin, stealing the limelight. That's my boy!

Alas, it looks as if U2 have figured out how to keep a tight lid on everything until they want us to hear it. Let's just hope that they may give us a little bit of Vertigo going into the final 7 days, come on U2.com give throw us a frickin' bone here. We just want to hear a little clip without the sea and Spanish guys blabbering all over the top of it!

At this very moment, I am sending powerful mental messages to U2, urging them to leak a complete copy of Vertigo straight to amakaxver@gmail.com before the morning of the 22nd. But as it stands, it looks like a leak will be totally impossible and we all must wait.

Axver said:

It is clearly the evil twin, stealing the limelight. That's my boy!

At this very moment, I am sending powerful mental messages to U2, urging them to leak a complete copy of Vertigo straight to amakaxver@gmail.com before the morning of the 22nd. But as it stands, it looks like a leak will be totally impossible and we all must wait.

I just want one little clip, nothing too special just something to get my energy level back up to where it was. I'm using all my reserves on all these false starts!

Last edited:
Lo-Fi said:
You must have the MacPhisto one out of the twin, you seem to have got the better deal man!

I guess soon this thread will start prank calling George Bush, eh? What an awesome twin!

I just want one little clip, nothing too special just something to get my energy level back up to where it was. I'm using all my reserves on all these false starts!

All these false starts are just putting me on edge more, requiring a leak even sooner! I'm sure this is really bad for my health and sanity.

I'm starting to think we definitely won't be getting a leak before its officially aired. If what we've read about iPods is true, then there's no way they're going to risk shipping out promo CDs or MP3s before the day its due to be aired. The best we can seem to hope for is to hear it maybe the day before or some hours before due to the time differences across the world.

They're clearly determined to stick to the planned schedule and not risk anything messing it up. I'd love to hear it early as much as the next person, but this is the first time in years that new music has been this difficult to get hold of.

Unless someone really close to the band leaks something, I just can't see it :sad:

Ya know, if I were a smart ass I'd pop in here and say I told ya so....:shifty:
But honestly, I was hoping the article I posted in the other thread was only about the "official" Canadian release which would be sometime after the unofficial radio play.
But we can look at it this way: at least it's only one week away now and we know what time they'll play it... :dance:

oops! I really am a dork. I meant to post this in the news topic.
Nothing to see here! Pay no mind!

Last edited:
Ah, I see the thread twins have been united again. Awww. How sweet.

Just bumping this so that those who aren't aware find out instead of staying up late to hear a song that won't be played.

Back
Top Bottom