MERGED-->Vertigo Hits iTunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that went to number one quick, hopefully it'll be holding the top spot for a number of weeks. i think itunes will probably get the video first also since they're all about the exclusives

Arun V said:

I was just going to post this. HAd the record companies gotten behind an idea like i tunes about 5 years ago..things woud be a lot different in the record industry.

I cannot agree more. The music industry was SO behind the technology it is embarrassing. I know that I, as well as many others, suggested that something like iTunes should have existed years ago. Instead, the inept RIAA fought the technology. Had the RIAA employed intelligent people, they would have capitalized on .mp3's and started making $$ from Day 1. They were so worried about money that ironically they lost millions upon millions of $$ in revenue by fighting file sharing networks instead of focusing on places like iTunes. People don't want to steal. The success of iTunes proves this. People just want songs. We are willing to pay a $1 for a song that we can play on our computers or iPods or even CDs. People would rather do this than spend $18 for a CD when they only like one song on it! But again, the RIAA spent it's time fighting file sharing networks and then suing individuals. The banality of the RIAA is incomprehensible. Fortunately, they FINALLY caught up with the times and has allowed iTunes and similar stores to exist. Now, if we can only get other countries and other labels to agree.

As for me, I too downloaded the Valencia version because it was the only thing available. Now that iTunes has it, I bought myself a legitimate copy. And as I am a mild collector, I will definitely buy the CD's as well. :yes:

Byt the way, "Vertigo" is still #1 on iTunes. Not bad for a song that's been out only a day! :wink:

okay - I'm being a dork about this but how cool is it to flip on itunes and see U2 at the top and that vertigo is #1 - That just rocks - My ipod is v.v.v. happy right now
By the way - Vertigo sounds AMAZING on the ipod (yes I am an apple geek)

thereisnospoon9 said:
that went to number one quick, hopefully it'll be holding the top spot for a number of weeks. i think itunes will probably get the video first also since they're all about the exclusives

does iTunes carry videos? that would be great if they did...

grbounds said:

does iTunes carry videos? that would be great if they did...

Yep! There's a whole section dedicated to music videos, and there are links to those videos on artist pages.

gorman - good imix!
My imix for vertigo is entitled - "air guitar" title shamelessly stolen from a Q magazine list - with my own favorites - unfortunately only half my list made it on
Quite a few imix results for Vertigo already

nurse chrissi said:
gorman - good imix!
My imix for vertigo is entitled - "air guitar" title shamelessly stolen from a Q magazine list - with my own favorites - unfortunately only half my list made it on
Quite a few imix results for Vertigo already

Thanks :) Although quite a few of the songs were sent to me from friends that purchased them (you can have a song on up to 5 computers). I don't take credit for that Bon Jovi song ;)

if you have an app called igetmovies you can download itunes music videos straight to your desktop (for mac only), this could be a great way to get the video in super high quality right when it comes out.... sharing a 40 mb file might be difficult tho

Even with Eminem's new single hitting iTMS, Vertigo has remained #1. I see this as being very good news, as it may calm fears that HTDAAB won't reach #1 when it debuts due to Eminem's album being released the week before.

hah! U2 #1, Eminem #2, i'm LOVING it.. (although I have liked the last 3-4 singles the Eminem has done, but the rest of the artists on that genre.. I can't say much about them)

edit: just heard the clip from eminem's single.. sounds like the stuff from his earlier years... which were CRAP

Last edited:
bcrt2000 said:
hah! U2 #1, Eminem #2, i'm LOVING it.. (although I have liked the last 3-4 singles the Eminem has done, but the rest of the artists on that genre.. I can't say much about them)

edit: just heard the clip from eminem's single.. sounds like the stuff from his earlier years... which were CRAP

This is good news.

Ok I'm off to check the sales rank at amazon.com, ahhhhhh # 48 from 1077 (on Sunday).

I'd say that's pretty good for an album that doesn't come out for another 7 weeks.

Emimem is twice in top 10, with the clean and dirty versions.
He could be in the 1st place if he had only one version released.

Back
Top Bottom