MERGED--> Verdicts on Mercy + Mercy is a new track + Mercy is deffinetly not a good s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveone

The Fly
Verdicts on Mercy

I can't get it out of my head, i instantly loved it and after only a few listens i consider not only U2s best ever b-side but also one of thier best ever songs. I've never had such an instantly strong 'this is one of their best' feeling before. It is the equal to anything on HTDAAB. What are other peoples verdicts?

I feel the same way!!! I havent gotten it out of my head since the 1st time I heard it :drool:
Must be live on the tour, it just must !!!!

really grown on me, i think the chorus is incredible. I think it needs more production, and if they managed to cut it down, this could be a tune they could keep for the next album! Its really deserving of that, not just a b-side...adam's bass work is great.

I love the way Bono sings the first verse, and the chorus is so solid. "Love will come again, I'll be gone again....again..." Edge is dominating every song nowadays, so theres no reason to mention him. :wink: I dont really like the "ditches/stitches" bridge to the chorus.

Last edited:
I was wondering, where would you guys place Mercy on the album? I put it after All Because Of You, and it kind of worked there...

:drool:

all this new music... i am in heaven. 'mercy' is easily as good as any of the songs on the bomb. i like that this version is a little rawer than the album tracks.

it's a great song, but the mp3 is way too noisy! This could pretty well be from the famous cd Edge lost. It sounds raw an unmixed to me.

BrownEyedBoy said:
It's scary because it seems like they recorded this in the UF era and someone fed-exed it over to 2004. Amazing.

Great song. Then again, that's U2 for you.

'mercy' is very UF. explains why i love this song so much...

Holy shit...

This song is perfect....is raw, a little "dirty", ans is masterpiece...
The chorus is like a Drug...(not like Miracle Drug, that's another masterpiece)....this song should have been on the album....

U2 is "stuck in moment" that they can't stop making perfect songs

Long Live to the Atomic Songs....

Hmm, I LOVE everything on HTDAAB, but, so far, I am glad that Mercy is not on the album.

I'm sure it will grow on me - but so far, I'm glad Larry was outspoken about trimming this one!

the lyrics to this song are amazing!!!

"you're gravity searching for the ground, you're silence searching for a sound..."

eh.

it's ok.
for me, even with more time and production it would've been a b side.
imo.

its awesome. How this is off the album is beyond me. Especially in favor of One Step Closer or Yahweh.

So I have Larry to blame for it not being on the album?
Fucking wanker Larry. Maybe he should stop mailing it in every album.

U2DMfan said:
its awesome. How this is off the album is beyond me. Especially in favor of One Step Closer or Yahweh.

So I have Larry to blame for it not being on the album?
Fucking wanker Larry. Maybe he should stop mailing it in every album.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I was half kidding and half dead serious. :wink:
If Mercy was on ATYCLB it would be one of the three best songs along with BD and Kite. Purely subjective and just my opinion, but that's what it's all about.

And in a totally unrealted note, Crumbs From Your Table is fucking great.

I prefer Mercy to much of ATYCLB..I agree that it would have been one of that album's highlights! it would make a good closer.

It's a little raw like most of the Zooropa album, which is a good thing IMO.

Raw U2 = more feeling, almost like a live performance

does anyone else agree that Mercy is U2's best b-side ever!? Bono said it would be afterall, so I guess he's right sometimes :)

Yeah, Mercy is a pretty damn good b-side. It probably would have fit on the album, but I'm kinda glad they cut it...I dunno, it's a great song, but not up to par with the stuff on HTDAAB. just my opinion though...very very nice song, could possibly be their best b-side...I'm waiting to hear Fast Cars though :drool: I refuse to download until there's a full version out. :p

i've listened 3 times now, and i must say this is one of the best U2 songs i've ever heard!

not quite getting into it. sounds like U2 being U2 to me. time will tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom