MERGED--> Verdicts on Mercy + Mercy is a new track + Mercy is deffinetly not a good s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
someone said on a previous post that they wondered what had happened to larry on htdaab. They thought it seemed like there was a lack of drums. Well, this is where he was. Brilliant drumming on mercy!

Mercy is a old song from Hansa Studios in the 1991, it's included in Ultra Rare trax Vol 1. compilation.

Sorry for the bad news... I have listen noiw the two songs, and are different... but not so much :wink:

Mercy is deffinetly not a good song

Just my opinion... I thought or was hoping that it would grow on me but the mre i listen to it the more i dislike it. I don't know why people love it so much. For me it ranks in the top five worst songs u2 put out. I think the worst is Grace and this one comes a close second.

ive heard the song like 10 times in hopes it would grow on me but it hasn't and usualy by now it would have unless i find this song very hard to figure out at first!

So far its the only song from the HTDAAB era that i dont realy like. well apart from neon lights but thats not a u2 song neways

I understand. Everyone is different. The first time I heard MErcy, i didn't like it all that much. However, on the second and third listen, it became clear that the song's chorus was undeniably awesome. The song doesn't have a cohesive flow, which is probably why U2 put as a b-side. It does have great lyrics and a chorus that won't escape from my head.

Listen to just the chorus and tell me what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom