MERGED ----> U2 to record with Green Day ? + are the hardcore green day fans...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

:shrug: i would love to hear it... american idiot is a brilliant album, and just because teeny bopper 14 year old girls liked it, i'm not afraid to admit it.

yup this is GREAT news.

u2 is recording with green day, awesome. cool to see and hear, its only one song and its not like its going to be on their album.

Most of all, it confirms Rick Rubin is helping out. That's the best part. Can't wait to hear these tracks he's going to work on.

bsp77 said:

Bob Dylan
BB King
Frank Sinatra
Johnny Cash

Yeah, Bono has no taste

Lately I mean. Those guys are awesome (although When Love Comes to Town is one of U2's worst songs IMO).

And yeah, we should be talking more about Rick Rubin's involvment here! OMG that has me so excited!!!

Last edited:
Reggie Thee Dog said:

Dev...confirmed what? The Green Day or Rick Rubin part? Details...details!!

Seems I was right with the "big suprise" on greenday.com (I was hoping for new album news, but oh well.....:wink:

09/07/06
The Saints Are Coming
As promised, we are very proud to unveil the big news we've hinted at. In the coming weeks, we'll be going into the studio with U2 to record a cover of the song "The Saints Are Coming," which was originally recorded by Scottish punk band, The Skids. We were asked by U2 to record the song with them to benefit Music Rising (www.musicrising.org), an organization that replaces instruments musicians lost in Hurricane Katrina's wake. One year later, the devastation is still fresh in our minds, and we'd like to keep it in yours. New Orleans has always been a special city to us, being a hotbed of music and creativity, and it's hard to believe parts of the gulf region still remain devastated. We feel that it's important to continue to raise awarene

well this certainly does make everything a whole lot more interesting...

considering that it is confirmed that they're recording with green day, like the original report by mishka said, i would assume that this confirms the phone call was 100% real and that they are 100% confirmed to be in the stuido with rick rubin right now

:drool:

i dig it... i dig it alot

With all this buzz and confirmation that U2 are in the studio, I don't think we'll have to wait until 2008 for a new record....late 2007 is a possibility.

My thoughts are that the U2/Green Day cover will come out late this year or early next year and "tie us over" until Christmas 2007.

People who want U2 to try something new should be happy

And it looks like the this is the single that was going to be released in Septmeber as well.

< is very happy that U2 is trying Rick Rubin out...this could be magical....or it could be "shite". I'm thinking we're going to get something that carries the pop songwriting sensibilities of the last two albums yet gains a much tougher edge. I could be wrong, but I hope not.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
[B I'm thinking we're going to get something that carries the pop songwriting sensibilities of the last two albums yet gains a much tougher edge. I could be wrong, but I hope not. [/B]

that sounds perfect to me.

Rick Rubin wakes up and morning and pisses excellence.

I cannot be more exciting about this.

I'm glad that it sounds like the Green Day collab will be a one-off charity track and not something stuck on the album...

are the hardcore green day fans freaking out yet?

I know alot of hardcore Green Day fans who absoloutly LOATHE U2...anyone hear if they've started batting down their hatches yet?

Canadiens1160 said:
It's only one song
It's only one song
It's only one song
It's only one song
It's only one song
It's only one song
It's only one song
It's only one song
It's only one song
It's only one song
It's only one song
It's only one song
It's only one song
It's only one song

:mad:

THANK YOU!!!!

Funking fans always want U2 to do different stuff and when they experiment a little people freak out

If anything Greenday fans should dig this. It shows the band is matureing in my opinion. Recording with U2 is a good thing and anybody who doesn't realies that is on crack. In my opinion a true hardcore Greenday fan is probably a rare thing. Lots of long time Greenday fans have moved on and now Greenday is left with a bunch of new and young fans. Generally speaking I mean. The old fans I know would think this is a cool move. Do the young and new Greenday fans think it's cool? I don't know. maybe they'd rather Greenday record with My Chemical Romance. Who knows.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:shrug: i would love to hear it... american idiot is a brilliant album, and just because teeny bopper 14 year old girls liked it, i'm not afraid to admit it.

:up: I alternated between HTDAAB and American Idiot when they came out.

I'm looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom