MERGED-->U2 to get nothing at Brits + U2 Won Nothing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone remind me how rehashing crappy dance music from the 70's is considered original?

JEESUS F CHRIST scissor sisters just won best international act, how bad is that? for gods sake, only other catagory U2 can win now is best international album, and guess who is also up for that? yes bloddy scissor sisters

Party Boy said:
When I heart Take Your Mama out, I really did think it was Elton John at first. Its a good song, but its def. not original!
better than U2?

beli said:
:hug:. Nah, you will be the gentle guy that gets all the girls. :D

that doesn't work, trust me.

Have you never noticed that those who tend to win at award shows are those that send back the invitation with a tick in the 'Will Attend' box? I've noticed this a few times at the Brits and MTV awards. I guess it doesn't look good for the ceremony if the winners don't bother turning up.

well its official i have now lost faith in the british music awards, U2 have lost out of both nominated catagories, to yes you guessed it the scissor sisters, haha lets imagine them opening for U2 all the boo's

I've always thought of the Brits as being a bit of a farce - it used to be the case that the main voters were music industry folks scratching each others' backs and had sweet fuck all to do with the rest of us.

KUEFC09U2 said:
wouldnt even class franz ferdinand as being the most original band on the planet

I think you maybe on to something.. SS, FF & The Killers etc...are things really that bad in the music world that originality isn't deemed important anymore. These bands are a joke.

roy said:

I think you maybe on to something.. SS, FF & The Killers etc...are things really that bad in the music world that originality isn't deemed important anymore. These bands are a joke.
so all in all your happy scissor sisters won it ahead of U2? on both counts?

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, it's just that this board has instilled an instinctual responsibility to defend ATYCLB whenever I feel it is threatened.:shifty:

:mad: Back! Get! back! Don't make me use this stick!

edited to fix my shitty spelling...:mad: Back!

Last edited:
U2 didn't win anything at the brits. Wowow who the fuc# cares! The album might be better than anything else out there but by U2 standards it ain't brilliant that is for sure!

sallycinnamon78 said:

Ah! But is it a Pythobnesque pointed stick? :D

Pointed for the mild ATYCLb-haters for a quick clean death. But for the really annoying ones I use a wide blunt pladdle and just beat them to death with it until all their bones are broken and they pass out from the pain.:mad:

Lancemc said:
ATYCLB-haters...........:shifty:
:mad:

I don't hate it.. its just ... bar BD, Walk On, WILATW and NY, its a bit... blah. Just not very memorable.

One album out of their whole catalog that didnt work for me...

Anyways, back to SS.... I defy anyone to say Take your mama out is not a good song.. on its own merits, not comparing it to U2 or anyone else...

Party Boy said:

I don't hate it.. its just ... bar BD, Walk On, WILATW and NY, its a bit... blah. Just not very memorable.

One album out of their whole catalog that didnt work for me...

Anyways, back to SS.... I defy anyone to say Take your mama out is not a good song.. on its own merits, not comparing it to U2 or anyone else...

ATYCLB is on a par with HTDAAB. But there both poor albums compared to U2's past works.

Nah HTDAAB is way superior. What your saying tho is that U2 haven't put out a decent album since.. Pop which was in 1996 right?
Can understand ATYCLB. Am sure its been covered countless times in other threads, but what is wrong with HTDAAB in your eys?

Back
Top Bottom