MERGED-->U2 Songs That Give You The Chills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another one that always gets to me-- Streets from Rattle and Hum, mostly because I live near Sun Devil Stadium, and when it gets to "high on a desert plain," scanning the night sky with Edge in the front and crowd and night sky in the background, it's an awe-inspiring moment for desert folk like me.

And it's a great version of the song, of course :).

AchtungJedi said:
Another one that always gets to me-- Streets from Rattle and Hum, mostly because I live near Sun Devil Stadium, and when it gets to "high on a desert plain," scanning the night sky with Edge in the front and crowd and night sky in the background, it's an awe-inspiring moment for desert folk like me.

And it's a great version of the song, of course :).

Good version, yes!

You live near that stadium, eh? Cool.

I still love the little "Oh, my darling, I wanna go there with you, yeah" bit that Bono throws in at the end of that performance...that's sweet.

Angela

AchtungJedi said:

:wave: i'm in southern nevada. yes, driving through the desert and listening to anything from joshua tree is so incredible. this landscape inspired one of the greatest albums ever, and i know why. there is such a powerful spirit here.

bonosgirl84 said:

:wave: i'm in southern nevada. yes, driving through the desert and listening to anything from joshua tree is so incredible. this landscape inspired one of the greatest albums ever, and i know why. there is such a powerful spirit here.

Wow.

I'd love to drive through the desert while listening to that CD sometime...perhaps one day I will.

Rattle and Hum is great to listen to if you're driving through the Plains-when my family went down to Missouri a couple of weeks ago, while we were still in Iowa, I was listening to the song "Heartland"-perfect song to hear driving through the area.

There's some albums that just sound even better when you hear them in the right places.

And that's what so great about U2's albums.

Angela

yertle-the-turtle said:
we'll shine like stars in the summer night
we'll shine like stars in the winter night
one heart
one hope
one love
with or without yooooooou....

I like the Rock's Hottest Ticket where it has "we'll shine" lines AND Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart"... Definitely the best version of WOWY :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

In my case since I play U2 constantly in the car, nothing else ... ever. So sometimes it does become just back ground music. :(

But other times especially when I don't expect it, a song will just hit me and I will really hear it, and I get chills / tears and the works. :) Then I will be tuned in and hitting repeat over and over.

This morning All I want is you from the first Best of, just floored me. Near the end, the "All I waaant is youhoooo - All I waaant is youhoooo." *giant chills*

Whenever I hear any U2 unexpectantly on the car radio there is much excitement, plenty of chills and pumped up volume! If Ive just parked Ill wait till its over.
Songs that give me the chills - well so many, however hearing the first few seconds of Bad - ding, ding - ding, ding (best I can do, but you know what I mean) just turns ne into a lump of blubber - WAIA Bad with earphones has to be the ultimate U2 experience for me
Closely followed by
WOWY
Hearland
Walk On - "and love is not" .......OMG!

Pamela

U2 Songs that give me the "chills":

Drowning Man
40 (live version)
Hawkmoon 269
Bad (live)
Wire
So Cruel
Tomorrow
Red Hill Mining Town
One Tree Hill
Mothers of the Disappeared
Hands That Built America
Walk On
Please
Stay
Spanish Eyes

& even though it isn't a U2 song, "When Stars Go Blue" Bono & The Coors Live in Dublin is hauntingly beautiful...

The combined performance of One and Walk On at Irving Plaza was astounding, and remains a gem that few people who aren't U2 fans have heard. One of the reasons I'm not a big fan of One is that it's not a strong enough song on the album for the most part, but they turned up the intensity for it when they played it live, and it comes through for them.

PopTart said:
Whenever I hear any U2 unexpectantly on the car radio there is much excitement, plenty of chills and pumped up volume!Pamela

:yes: Almost any U2 song gives me chills when I hear it on the radio or in a store or a restaurant, simply because I'm not expecting it. When I'm listening to one of their albums I KNOW what song is coming next, so my heart doesn't suddenly start racing when I hear the first few notes.

Hi!

There are quite a lot to choose from but the U2 songs that gives me the "chills" are...

New Year's Day live - it gets me everytime I hear Edge's guitar at the climax and hearing Bono's words "I, I will be with you again".

Streets Live - obviously its the build up thats amazing

Love is Blindness Live esp. the one in Sydney and New York Giants Stadium - beautiful guitar by Edge

WOWY Live - I quite agree with everyone here about the R&H version. its a truly amazing version especially Edge's guitar and Larry's great drumming! Woah, never seen Larry really sweat it out there!

Bad live - I still love the live version in R&H but everytime I hear it live in concert (about 10 times now), it still gives me the chills

BTBS live (in Boston) - that speech by Bono about Mark Chapman and the amazing guitar sounds by the Edge.... truly awesome!

One - what more can I say....

Electric Co live - UABRS version is amazing esp. the climax when Bono sings at the top of his voice "Electric Coooooooooo!"

others include Gone, Please, 40 all amazing songs live....

dougal

Back
Top Bottom