MERGED-->U2 On "Today"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't even skip class to watch it, too, cause my roomie is lazy as hell and sleeps in every day until 12 pm. :angry:

Usually they have entertainment-type guests on during the 2nd hour. Or they used to, back when it was 2 hours long. Hmmm. Looks like I may be calling in sick (cough cough) for that morning.

corianderstem said:
Usually they have entertainment-type guests on during the 2nd hour. Or they used to, back when it was 2 hours long. Hmmm. Looks like I may be calling in sick (cough cough) for that morning.

Good ,if that's true I will catch it before I go to work.

From what I've read from other sources, they will be there recording it today and it will air Feb. 26 pre-recorded.

But with the news of Bono having hurt his back maybe these plans have been changed?

U2Kitten said:
From what I've read from other sources, they will be there recording it today and it will air Feb. 26 pre-recorded.

But with the news of Bono having hurt his back maybe these plans have been changed?

I was watching E News last night, it's on the E channel, and they said they were going to have Bono and U2 on today's E News show. So, I'm assuming they are in New York today for the taping of the Today show and were interviewing them there.

For those of you who don't have the Entertainment channel, this show is kind of like Entertainment Tonight, and it's on from 7:00 to 8:00.

Are you kidding, with it being U2 they could be sitting on the couch chatting away with Matt and Katie... I know this because I see it most days while getting ready for work. Some of it is live, with the exception of taped portions.... Katie Couric landed this interview so she will make every moment count..I promise you. If you can't take time off or out... I hate to say it but you will miss some great interaction with the Edge & Bono.. I've seen many artist on the taped versions, just hanging around.. and of course we all know how much Bono loves to talk and speaking for myself, how much I love to hear him talk.

You use to stay and watch the adverts..
You could lip sync to the talk shows.....:sexywink: :wink: :wave:

Last edited:
OMG!! Bono with fuzz...

I may stay home for this, or tape the whole damn three hours.

Wait, I just remembered: my MOM can tape it for me!!!!

I love my mom! :heart:

But, I was hoping that some of our East Coast brothers and sisters will be kind enough to post right away that morning when exactly the boys are on. Save us all some time and videotape.

You see I've got this problem with my car, and my neighbor is going to take me to the mechanic, as soon as he gets up. Then i'll get him to bring me to work..
Right after the today show goes off of course.

In PLEBA there's a thread about this with a link to some pictures. I guess they taped it today.

I have watched the Today Show a lot, and I would guess that it'll be on in the 9 o'clock hour.

Weeee, I gave myself Thursday off! Yay for making the schedule!

Good interview. Great performance. I was surprised that Bono sang along with the pre-recorded middle opera section of the song.

Nate Dogg said:
Good interview. Great performance. I was surprised that Bono sang along with the pre-recorded middle opera section of the song.

:up:

Yeah, the opera part surprised me in a good way :D

Does anyone know if Today is actually showing the other song Bono and Edge taped? they've only got half an hour left and I'm getting sick of watching commercials lol

Well I just ran 8 long NY city blocks in 16 degree weather thinking that they taped it today!

I got there and all I saw was Al Roker.

See, I had no idea they were going to be pre-taping it. I thought they were taping it today.

So I ran. I ran like I never did before. Last time I ran like that I was in the 6th grade. Just so I could see Al Roker. :sad:

I will never meet them. :(

Enjoyed the interview, missed the performance as I was on my way out the door to work.....glad I caught the interview though........:up:

Bono sounds great :yes: and him doing the opera thing really suprised me, but I thought it was really good :up:

if I had one criticism, I'd have liked it better were it just Bono, Edge and Guitar, minus the overdubs... kinda bothered me that he was singing along with himself in the middle. I'm sure they did that to keep it truer to the recording though, with the Oscars on Friday, and that won't be there on tour.
Speaking of...
TOUR. NOW.

u2loopy said:
Well I just ran 8 long NY city blocks in 16 degree weather thinking that they taped it today!

See, I had no idea they were going to be pre-taping it. I thought they were taping it today.

So I ran. I ran like I never did before. Last time I ran like that I was in the 6th grade. Just so I could see Al Roker. :sad:

I'm sorry :hug:

Bono and Edge taped their performance on the 20th. :(

u2loopy said:

You should read PLEBA more often. We made it very clear it was recorded last week so things like that wouldn't happen. We even had a pic thread of it. Always look to PLEBA (or the news forum!)for all your U2 updates. We know it all. I'm sorry:huh: :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom