MERGED --> U2 on MTVjammed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I loved seeing the "parade" footage! That guy yelling "Let me play!" cracked me up - and that other guy who got to play the drums. Also all the people running everywhere. U2 causes near rioting! It almost made me feel like I was there.

During the concert I kept wondering which people in the crowd were Interlanders. I'm so happy at least one of you made it on camera for a close-up!

As for the performances, I was really impressed without Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own and I Will Follow, and less so with Vertigo and All Because Of You. Regardless, I love all of Bono's little ad-libs! I wish they would have shown him singing to Miroslava - with all those cameras being used, I can't imagine someone didn't get that on film.

Bono's shades said:
I
As for the performances, I was really impressed without Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own and I Will Follow, and less so with Vertigo and All Because Of You. Regardless, I love all of Bono's little ad-libs! I wish they would have shown him singing to Miroslava - with all those cameras being used, I can't imagine someone didn't get that on film.

:cute:

Me too, me too. But I truly and honestly cannot complain :wink:

This is seriously a highlight in my life. Must have children so they can have grandchildren and I can brag on to them just how kick ass their gandma was to go from Detroit on the basis of a rumor and end up front row for this amazing show :wink:

Alabama to NYC on a rumor! Got ya beat, Miroslava ;)

On a whim is incredible. We planned out our trip on Sat afternoon and were in the air Sunday afternoon! I am 35 with 2 kids...talk about cool and flexible.

We so rock!!!!!
BTW... I don't think my dvd will ever come. Where is it shipped from? I didn't even ask.

Last edited:
We indeed do!

I did the crazy Monday morning flight in, sleep over at Laguardia then Tuesday morning flight back into Detroit, at work by 9:00 am, so I get bonus points for that... :lol:

me1.jpg

And here we go. Left to right... kid, girl with short hair, tall one looking very happy (me). girl that snuck in, ree's friend then Ree. :wink:

I still think they'll come to STL. The show did sell out last time, didn't it? I tried to buy another ticket in addition to the ones I had, and I couldn't. At least we have Chicago and other somewhat-close cities. I too am going to attempt to get to Miami though.

By the way, FLACs coming up in just a minute :)

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Does anyone know if the original bit torrent link enajh2 posted is for audio or video? Should I be downloading it or should I cancel and wait for an official link seeing as it was removed?
:(

Miroslava said:

Ally, did you see yourself? I have to watch again so I can pause and see who else we recognize....

nope, but i wasn't expecting to since i was 3rd/4th row... i'm sure my arm is in there somewhere, if i bothered to look really close. ;)

again, congrats on making the final cut- that's definitely a memory to last a lifetime! :D :heart:

can't wait for the tour....

Yeah, FLACs are full quality without any compression.

The torrent will start working in about 20 seconds :)

The video torrent is coming in 25 minutes or so.

Bono's shades said:
I loved seeing the "parade" footage! That guy yelling "Let me play!" cracked me up - and that other guy who got to play the drums. Also all the people running everywhere. U2 causes near rioting! It almost made me feel like I was there.

I know! Argh, that guy who got to play drums is so freakin' lucky! If I could play an instrument, and I got picked to play with U2...oh, well, hell, I could die right then and there and be happy about it. And I loved seeing the reactions of the people, too. Very reminiscent of their "Where The Streets Have No Name" video :yes:.

Heh, I liked when Bono was telling everyone about the concert at the bridge, and then he said, "Ssh, don't tell, though...it's a secret". :p.

Originally posted by Bono's shades
During the concert I kept wondering which people in the crowd were Interlanders. I'm so happy at least one of you made it on camera for a close-up!

No kidding-that's freakin' awesome! Congrats!

Originally posted by Bono's shades

"Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own"...man, when the line, "Can you hear me when I sing?" came up...the way Bono did it...yeah, on came the tears (seriously, I think this is one of the saddest songs I'll ever hear in my life). He actually looked like he was either teary-eyed or going to cry himself during that performance...I wanted to hug him. And "I Will Follow" rocked, too, yes. My parents were watching it with me, and my sister even came out for a second and started dancing around to "I Will Follow" :D.

It made me mad-I was taping this on the VCR in my room, and my sister (who shares the room with me) wanted to go in there for a bit, so I came out to the living room to watch the rest of the concert, and my sister was going to finish taping it for me while she was in there...well, she cut out commercials, and now I don't have the U2 ITunes commercial. And I wanted it on tape (our VCR out in the living room doesn't work at this moment) :(.

They're going to repeat this on MTV2 and whatnot at later dates this month, though...perhaps they'll show the commercial then. We'll see. I'll keep an eye out for it.

I definitely wish this had been longer (seriously, we can skip a "Pimp My Ride" show for U2...) and definitely would like a DVD of this concert, but hey, I'm happy with what I saw. Like I said in the news section's thread about this, I can't wait until next year. I am DEFINITELY going to do what I can to go see these guys.

Angela

I think you guys meant that they wock and they woll! :wink:

And yes, thanks guys...

Back
Top Bottom